This is a repeat of the workshops conducted earlier at:
Minecraft is a multi-player game about building and placing blocks in a three-dimensional environment. The game was originally built in Java but has been ported to Android, iOS, and XBox 360. The game allows modifications (known as “mods”) that can change the game from what it was originally written. These mods can add content to the game to alter gameplay. For example, new blocks, mobs, and abilities of player can be added.
Have you always wondered what it takes to write these mods ? This workshop is for you!
In this workshop we'll teach the kids on how to build Minecraft mods. Parents can observe from back of the room and are required to stay through out the duration of workshop.
• Each attendee must have a laptop (Windows or Mac only).
• At least 1GB of free disk space. If the laptop only has that much space, highly recommend freeing up some space for a better performance.
• 4GB of RAM would work, but 8GB is recommended. Higher memory will work, of course!
Software Installation: Please download and install the software listed here.
• Please make sure to bring a water bottle/snacks for the attendees.
• One registration will allow only one kid to participate. Parents are required to stay at the facility for the entire duration of the workspace and may observe from back of the room. There is wifi at the venue and so you may consider bringing your favorite device(s) to stay connected.
• Your meetup fees will cover the cost of a limited edition Devoxx4Kids t-shirt for the attendee.