addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
sue p.
SueP
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 19
In our second meeting each month, I would like to explore the subject of UFOs.
I feel comfortable with all of you in admitting that I am absolutely facinated
with the subject. (Yes, I was an X Files junkie.)

My father-in-law, who was a policeman and one of the most conservative
people I ever knew, was convinced UFOs existed and that he had seen one.

I am pasting some information about Leslie Kean's book. This is from a
radio show that originates in New York called the Expert Witness Radio
Show that I like. She was interviewed about the book on their show.
You don't get much more conservative than Levine, the host, who is
a former CIA agent.

I'm waiting to see if the Wiki Leaks people actually have the information
they say they have. Supposedly, they have several pages of information
about UFOs that have been withheld. Anyway, I hope we'll talk about this
at some point. I'm ordering the book and will pass it around to anyone
who's interested.
Leslie Kean returns

Standard Podcast [ 56:51 ] Hide Player | Play in Popup
Tonight, Leslie Kean returns to talk more with us about UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials go on the Record - which she spent the last decade researching and writing – plus she talks about ongoing efforts to involve government officials in the dialogue, how different countries handle the subject of UFOs, and much much more.

From the book:

“An Air Force major is ordered to approach a brilliant UFO in his Phantom jet over Tehran. He repeatedly attempts to engage and fire on unusual objects heading right toward his aircraft, but his missile control is locked and disabled. Witnessed from the ground, this dogfight becomes the subject of a secret report by the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency.

In Belgium, an Air Force colonel investigates a series of widespread sightings of unidentified triangular objects, and he sends F-16s to attempt a closer look. Many hundreds of eyewitnesses, including on-duty police officers, file reports, and a spectacular photograph of an unidentifiable craft is retrieved and analyzed.

Here at home, a retired chief of the FAA’s Accidents and Investigations Division reveals the agency’s response to a thirty-minute encounter between an aircraft and a gigantic UFO over Alaska, which occurred during his watch and is documented on radar.

Now all three of these distinguished men have written breathtaking, firsthand accounts about these extraordinary incidents. They are joined by Air Force generals and a host of high-level sources—including Fife Symington III, former governor of Arizona, and Nick Pope, former head of the British Defence Ministry’s UFO Investigative Unit—who have agreed to write their own detailed, personal stories about UFO encounters and investigations for the first time.

Lights from an unidentified craft photographed by a state police officer over I-84 in the Hudson Valley Wave (discussed on the show), during which thousands of people reported seeing UFOs. Click to enlarge. (Collection of Phil Imbrogno) This photo is among those available in Leslie's book
They are coming forward now because of Leslie Kean, an investigative reporter who has spent the last ten years studying the still unexplained UFO phenomenon. Kean reviewed hundreds of government documents, aviation reports, radar data, and case studies with corroborating physical evidence. She carefully examined scientifically analyzed photographs and interviewed dozens of high-level officials and aviation witnesses from around the world. With the support of former White House chief of staff John Podesta, Kean draws on her research to separate fact from fiction and to lift the veil on decades of U.S. government misinformation. Throughout, she presents irrefutable evidence that unknown flying objects—metallic, luminous, and seemingly able to maneuver in ways that defy the laws of physics—actually exist.”

We gladly give this book four stars.

About the guest:

Photo by Charles Miller
LESLIE KEAN is an independent investigative journalist with a background in freelance writing and radio broadcasting. She has contributed articles to dozens of publications here and abroad including the Boston Globe, Philadelphia Inquirer, Atlanta-Journal Constitution, Providence Journal, International Herald Tribune, Globe and Mail, Sydney Morning Herald, Bangkok Post, The Nation, and The Journal for Scientific Exploration. Her stories have been syndicated through Knight Ridder/Tribune, Scripps-Howard, New York Times wire service, Pacific News Service, and the National Publishers Association. While spending many years reporting on Burma, she co-authored Burma’s Revolution of the Spirit: The Struggle for Democratic Freedom and Dignity (Aperture, 1994) and she has contributed essays for a number of anthologies published between 1998 and 2009. Her freelance journalism has been supported by grants from numerous foundations including the Open Society Institute of the Soros Foundation, The Fund for Investigative Journalism, and the Nation Institute.

Kean was also a producer and on-air host for a daily investigative news program on KPFA radio, a Pacifica station in California. She began covering the UFO subject in 2000 with a feature story in the Boston Globe, and followed with additional mainstream stories. In 2002, she co-founded the Coalition for Freedom of Information (CFi), an independent alliance advocating for greater government openness on information about UFOs, and for responsible coverage by the media based on a rational and credible approach. As director of the CFi, she was the plaintiff in a successful, five-year Freedom of Information Act federal lawsuit against NASA. In 2007, she co-organized a landmark Washington DC international press conference on official UFO investigations, which received media coverage around the world.

Kean was a producer for the 2009 independent documentary I Know What I Saw and is currently working with Break Thru Films, an award-winning film company, on a new feature documentary. She and her coalition have launched an ongoing initiative to affect US government policy so that scientists and aviation authorities can gain greater understanding of the still-unexplained UFO phenomenon.

Jeff T.
JeffTeach
Group Organizer
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 41
We can certainly discuss this topic in our offshoot Tuesday group. UFO's > the unexplained > non-ordinary consciousness > dream states - Jeff
Michele G.
user 24429992
Gautier, MS
Post #: 3
Have you been following Ancient Aliens on the History Channel? If not, you will LOVE it. A new one is planning tonight.
Kelly
user 12941693
New Orleans, LA
Hello Sue,
I just stumbled across your discussion this afternoon. I have a few goodie dreams to share on this subject as well.
A former member
In some respects I can consider myself lucky that believing in UFOs is not necessary as I've been within feet of one as well as having had two burn marks in my yard.

In another encounter my daughter saw a craft pop-in and out several times while we were talking by the pond at our old house. Also had a chaplain even admit at a service that he saw a black triangle fly overhead while were were talking one night.

A strange world in which we live.

Rich