addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Dream Research and Lucid Dreams Message Board › Presence Process

Presence Process

sue p.
SueP
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 32
When Brown talks about the integration of our emotional blockages being a way to consciously "grow up," it was a very strange thing to read, at my age. Yes, I would say it's about time, at 66 years old, to grow up. I'm ready.
I'm excited that some of you are going to do the process also. The main thing I'm trying to learn is how to not "react," to things immediately. Most times they're easily worked out and I've wasted way too much valuable time frustrated and angry -- for no reason! I've worked hard at no longer being a drama addict, overreacting to one situation after another and find myself still occasionally doing it. Maybe this is the answer.
Scott Galloway S.
user 18986571
Metairie, LA
Post #: 2
What is meant by growing up and is that not drama. Child-like innocence is a purer and stronger love.
It is unconditional!
A former member
Post #: 9
I know what you mean Sue. When my granddaughter passed, I thought I was hit over the head by the proverbial 2x4. Grow up... Take responsibility for my actions and reactions. I have learned, when I'm in a "situation", to stop and sometimes say... Please give me time to process this... I purposely pause and try to stop the learned behavior that got me getting what I had always gotten... Hurt, upset,etc. because ... If I always do what I've always done, I'll always get what I've always got. Then I'd throw the pity party and feel martyr like.. Etc. yes, I am grown up now... If that is the definition of behaving like a grownup! I love the book! And know that it was. Want for me to read. I to suffer from a neurological pain disorder. The similarities are amazing! Keep me posted! I'll share my progress as well. xoxo
sue p.
SueP
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 34
Star, those patterns are so difficult to break. I think we all need that cosmic board to whack us to break them sometimes. I've had a couple, but nothing as traumatic as you've experienced. Mine were more business related..

I read this morning about how meaningful the first seven years of life are. Remembering that my mom had a "nervous breakdown" -- I realize this is a layman's term, but she was hospitalized with "mental disorders" -- when I was around 5 probably explains some of the "charges" from my
childhood. Haven't thought about that in literally years.

I will say that you and Arlene have my heartfelt admiration for being such caring, kind, and "engaged" people after losing a child/grandhild. My sister died when she was 7. I never knew her, was born later, but my parents were damaged for life by her death. They never spoke her name, kept her things under lock and key, and were mildly depressed always. I'm sure my mom's "breakdown" was related to that. You have both dealt successfully with something that literally destroys many people and families so give yourselves a lot of credit; you deserve it.