addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Dream Research and Lucid Dreams Message Board › Recap of March Meetup 2010

Recap of March Meetup 2010

Jeff T.
JeffTeach
Group Organizer
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 20
Our March meetup was a big success. 7 of us met at the Metairie location. We discussed Carlos Castaneda's work, focusing on his book The Art of Dreaming. Scott had read some of it, as had I, so we shared the recap. Apparently, the dream world is broken down into levels and there is a crossing of the 2nd gateway. The dream body is egg-shaped according to Don Juan, and had an appendage/focal point called the "Apparatus" which can be moved and that enables more lucidity, etc. We agreed to procure and read this book as a group and discuss a chapter of it per meeting. (Don't worry, homework is not mandatory and you can still discuss with us if you haven't read.)

I brought a book called "Advanced Lucid Dreaming: The Power of Supplements" and we scanned through it and discussed organic substances believed to induce higher lucidity in dreams, such as Mucuna Pruriens, which alters the amount of natural L-dopa in your brain.

We talked about the different types of dreams we have, such as prophetic, anxiety, repetitive, flying, insightful, etc. We discussed the nature of consciousness and lucid dream induction techniques. I played a video by Lucidology101.com, a site I highly recommend group members visit.

Invite your comments...

- Dreamweaver Jeff