DUBAI BOARD GAMERS RULES AND REGULATIONS
We don’t have many rules at Dubai Board Gamers, to avoid too much complications. We all gather in our sessions for fun, but there are few rules and regulations which are very important to be followed by all members to make our events smooth and joyful.
1. RSVP: Make sure you make a RSVP to any event you plan on attending. This is very essential, because spaces are limited and we would like to keep our events happy. Please do not attend without RSVP. Event Organizers have been instructed to ask people to leave if they are attending without a RSVP.
2. Board Games and Components: There is a collection of games available in each event which are brought by some of the group members voluntarily. You are allowed to borrow these games and play with them subjected to the game owner permission. The name of the game owner is written on or inside the box, or you can just ask for the owner. Games could be borrowed but games components must be dealt carefully. Any damage to the game components or losing the game parts is not acceptable. The defected game must be replaced by the borrower and she is responsible for it. At the end of the game the borrower must count all the parts and make sure nothing is missing. Put the game back on the game pile and inform the game owner about it.
3. Eating and Drinking: Keeping food and drink on the game table is completely forbidden. Do not keep your drink on the table, you can put them on side tables if there is any. Do not eat during the course of the game. Your hand will transfer grease or oil to the game component. Please order food between the two different games or during the break if the game is long. Please touch the game components with clean hands.
4. Food and Drinks: Consumption of food and drink purchased outside of the venue (Sky Lounge- Gloria Hotel) is completely forbidden. Please do not bring any food or drink from outside, even water. This is the venue regulation and must be followed by all members. Sky Lounge has provided the venue in return to make some money from us by buying some foods or drinks. All gamers are encouraged to spend some money on food and/or drinks.
5. Noise Level: Practice the game in a way to not disturb other members. Do not shout and keep the noise low. Let’s everybody enjoy the environment.
6. Photography: Photography from other members is prohibited. Only authorized person can capture photo to publish in website and that is subjected to the members permission. Members have the right to ask the authorized photographer to not take any photo of them.
7. Discretion: This should be fairly obvious but needs to be mentioned. Members who are found harassing others will be banned from the group. We understand that many members engage in light hearted ‘trash talk’ but please be aware not everyone has the same tolerance and misunderstandings can occur. If you are asked to stop then stop. If any member feels that they are being harassed please take the matter to Event Organizer immediately, she will take the required action.
8. Profile Appearance: All members must use their real names and photos in their group profiles. Organizers and committee members need to know the real identity of each member. Also members are interested to recognize others whom they have communicated with, prior to each gaming sessions. Therefor all members need to use their real names and photos in their profiles. Members having profile without genuine photo and/or name will be deleted from the group. There are some questions mentioned in each profile. Answering to those questions is mandatory. Those questions will help organizers and other gamers to understand the level and interest of the other members. This fact will make the games to be held with the right gamers and also will help the organizers or the experienced gamers to serve the newcomers in better and more proper way.
9. Event Management: In case of having query, need help or guidance, Event Organizer is available to help you. In case of any dispute, Event Organizer has the final word and authorization to take any required action.
10. Having Fun: We all are here to enjoy our time. We are here to play games, socialize and share happiness. So HAVE FUN, HAVE FUN and HAVE FUN.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!