addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

DuPont Circle Gaming Group Message Board › The Board Room (board game bar coming to Dupont Circle)

The Board Room (board game bar coming to Dupont Circle)

Maya F.
user 12849138
Bethesda, MD
Post #: 1
I was really excited that a board game bar was coming to Dupont Circle, but it looks like they will be charging a fee for borrowing their games: http://www.princeofpe...­

Unless it's a really rare/awesome game, I can't see myself paying to borrow it!

How about you guys? Would you be willing to pay to basically "rent" a board game in a bar?
Brent
user 9853069
Arlington, VA
Post #: 5
Really it comes down to what they're defining as a "Vintage" board game.

I could see paying $5 to play Dune at a bar
rodney
LN569
Washington, DC
Post #: 37
It appears to be as much "vintage" games as board games, including coin operated video games. A bar needs to make money. In general, I don't mind a business model that "rents" games, the cost is probably cheaper than a drink from the bar. If they have space for gamers to play, I have no problem paying to use their games, and I don't mind paying a fee to bring and play my own games, but I hope they are able to work with a model that allows me to bring my own games.