Following up on the first DIYBio EU meeting in Paris last December, this meetup aims to once again gather all Europeans interested in Do-It-Yourself Biology.
During this two-day meeting in the historical Theatrum Anatomicum, we will assess and extend the current state-of-art in citizen science in the field of biotechnology. Every participant is highly encouraged to present their motivation, work and vision.
The meetup is open to everyone who considers him/herself an observer, beginner or even expert in (amateur) biotechnology, bio-arts or design, especially when you're interested in international collaboration.
The preliminary program of the meetup is:
Saturday June 22:
- Peer-to-peer presentations about ongoing projects
- Exchange of best practices / community lab residents exchange
- What we can learn from the FabLab network to strengthen the European community
- DIYBio Code of Ethics revision: Glowing Plant case study
- Improvements in communications
- What ever comes to mind, or suggest a topic via email [masked]
Sunday June 23:
- Hands-on workshop and make projects in the Open Wetlab
- Produce the first joint DIYBio EU publication
Interested in showing, experimenting or telling something yourself? Please send a message to [masked]!
Needless to say, there will be plenty of time to ask questions, interact and brainstorm.
Participation is free of charge.
Don't forget to RSVP for the Open Wetlab opening ceremony the day before (June 21st) or the workshop by Dr. Jennifer Willet.