Dynamic Diversions Message Board › RIP, Joe.

RIP, Joe.

Steve D.
sjduskin
Audubon, PA
Post #: 16
Unfortunately, it is confirmed. I checked the probate records on the county website, and found this:
http://webapp.montcop...­
(Not sure if it will open for everyone)
Gives a date of death as 12/12/13. Administrator (apparently dies without a will) is brother Vincent of North Wales, age 71. This is a reminder to us all to have our affairs in order. And if you want to download any of Joe's beautiful photography from these albums, I suggest you do it soon.
Goodbye, Joe.
Jennie
user 140829592
Wayne, PA
Post #: 1
HI all - I found Joe's brothr -in-law's email (Ron C. Moss) and learned a little of what happened.

From Ron: Joe had bone cancer, also known as brittle bone disease. As far as we know, we think his heart gave out. He was found on the floor of his bedroom. The last time family had heard from him was around November 17th. On Dec. 12th his boss and another coworker went to see why Joe hadn’t attended a company Christmas party, and seeing his vehicle parked at his home, but when he didn’t answer the door, police were called and broke the door open. The authorities called Joe’s brother Vincent, who in turn notified my wife Joan (Their sister) and another brother Jim.

Ron also said Joe left his affairs in a very bad state. In addition to no will there were no records of bank accounts, passwords, etc. If anyone can be of help to Joe's family to locate information, or knows someone who might help, please contact his brother-in-law directly as it sounds the family is looking for information: Facebook: Ronald C. Moss. Mailing address is Rev. Ronald C. Moss, 572 Methodist Camp Lane, Fort Blackmore, VA 24250-2590, Telephone 276-995-2045, Email: rockhound@sctv.coop.

I'm sorry to miss the hike in Joe's memory. I have not been active in the club due to various back, knee, etc issues the past few years and would have like to have gone. I had a lot of fun and met lots of good friends through Dynamic Diversions over about 10 years thanks to Joe's energetic organizational skills!
Steve D.
sjduskin
Audubon, PA
Post #: 17
Thank you for the caring research and posting, Jennie. I wish I knew something to help out the family, but in all the hikes I took with Joe, and dinners afterward, etc., he really rarely mentioned his business life, and never mentioned his personal life at all. I think his adventure organizing was where his heart was. It does surprise me to hear his affairs were not as well organized as his hikes and tours - he had those organized down to the minute sometimes. He'll be missed by many, for sure.
Linda J.
lindajam
Avondale, PA
Post #: 4
Thank you so much for the information. I tried repeatedly to contact Joe after October. when I didn't see any more events on his meet up site., I feared the worst and now its been confirmed- Joe is gone. I'm heartsick over the fact that he died alone. he didn't deserve that. I'll miss him. He got me started with hiking and river rafting and of course, biking at bird in the hand. Now, when I hit the trails, I' see Joe up ahead smiling at me with his camera in hand. Miss you, Joe.
Brian S.
user 16203681
Collegeville, PA
Post #: 2
Joe is certainly missed. My life has been made a lot fuller thanks to the many Dynamic Diversions that Joe introduced me to over the past 30 years.
Happy trails and smooth sailing, Joe
A former member
Post #: 1
I emailed him last year, and feared the worst when I didn't see any new activities. I started with Joe around 25 years ago, way before meetup was around, and I will miss him and this group.