add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The East Bay Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › Exciting Career Opportunity at a START-UP COMPANY

Exciting Career Opportunity at a START-UP COMPANY

A former member
Post #: 5
Exciting Career opportunity @ a startup company based in San Mateo is looking for a Client side and a Server side with Ruby/Rail/JavaScript/HTML5/CSS3/C++/Node­.js/Backone.js experience to be on their team. They specialize in building great products that people use in their everyday lives. Their products enable its users to find, collect, and share interesting contents in social networking environments. This opportunity comes with a competitive compensation package, generous stocks and perks. The company is well funded by Google Ventures and other prominent investors.
If interested, you can reach me at Thanks
A former member
Post #: 10
You have to wonder if anybody still looking for an engineering job is so out of touch that putting "START-UP COMPANY" in all caps in the title does a thing for them.

What's unique about this company? Well, it's "well funded by Google Ventures and others". Its "products enable its users to find, collect, and share interesting contents in social networking environments", which is fantastically vague. Did you know scribbling on the back of a business card meets that same description?

Guys? Recruiter-types? Our inboxes, our forums, our mailing lists, our *everything* are spammed with huge numbers of these every day. A few are written decently and tell something useful about the company. But right now there's a *huge* labor shortage for good programmers, and the good programmers already know it.

You're going to need to do better than "START-UP COMPANY", even in all caps.

And no, I'm not saying "send me more information about this opportunity."

But seriously, Random Recruiter Guy, you know as well as I do that all of these forums, mailing lists, LinkedIn profiles, other profiles, publicly-accessible inboxes, approximately-Googleable inboxes and so on are already inundated with these offers -- a few of which even give interesting or useful information about the company or opportunity in question.

Maybe it's time to up your game just a tad?

No, not by offering to send me more information about this opportunity privately. I'm not looking right now and I'm *really* not looking in San Mateo. Don't be the next guy to suggest I sell my house so I can work for your START-UP COMPANY. We're both better than that.