East Bay Philosophy Cafes Message Board › The Venue
San Ramon, CA
The purpose of this discussion thread is to let members post ideas on venues for this meetup. The venue should meet the following requirements:
1. Be open on Thursdays from 6:30 - 9:30 PM.
2. Offer food and beverages.
3. Not require paid reservations.
4. Be conducive to lively conversations, with a group of 10 people. I want to make sure that we are not disrupting other customers.
5. Be near ample parking.
6. Be in Walnut Creek, preferably in or near downtown.
Edited by Lawrence on Jun 7, 2013 8:19 AM
I checked out the web site for the Walnut Creek Library - they do have rooms available, but limit the number allowed in a room to 6. It also has to be during library hours, which closes at 8. Suggestions:
1. Crogan's Bar & Grill, 1387 Locust St, http://www.crogansbar.... They do have a DJ on Thursday nights who starts at 10PM, but we would be done before then. The venue is relatively large & there is a side room that we might be able to use so as not to disrupt others.
2. Buttercup Grill & Bar, 660 Ygnacio Valley Rd, http://buttercupgrill.... It is probably quieter than Crogan's. It also has a side room off from the maing dining area.
Looking forward to the next meeting.