|From:||Ruth L. Schwartz, P.|
|Sent on:||Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:20 AM|
Dear Group Members,
Just a quick reminder about this Sunday’s Shamanic Healing Intensive! We have five people signed up for the morning session, which begins at 9:30 a.m. I’m not sure how many people plan to stay for the afternoon (which begins at 1:00). Usually five people is my minimum for running a class, so if fewer than that want to continue, and no one additional comes, we may have a short day. Remember, unless you already know how to journey in the core shamanic style, the morning session is necessary preparation for the afternoon. If we don’t have a large enough group to do the Soul Retrieval and Clearing work in the afternoon, no worries – I’ll schedule another class sometime soon. But meanwhile, PLEASE LET ME KNOW RIGHT AWAY IF YOUR PLANS CHANGE, or if you are planning to come but have not yet RSVPd!
Here are some reminders, along with some details and suggestions.
Time and place:
The class will meet this Sunday, September 18, at 6853 Simson Street, Oakland CA 94605. Mapquest and google maps, etc., do NOT give good directions to this location, for some reason – so please follow the directions below!
People who do not know how to do shamanic journeying – or who have journeyed, but do not yet have relationships with spirit guides – please come at 9:30 a.m. We will cover the basics of shamanic journeying from 9:30-12:30. If you wish to leave after the morning’s session, you can do so – or, you can stay for the afternoon! The requested donation for the morning session is $35, unless you’ve made prior arrangements with me for reduced tuition.
People who already know how to journey, and already have strong working relationships with guides, can come for the morning session if you’d like – OR, can simply arrive between 12:30 and 1:00 to come find your spot in the circle. The afternoon session, which will focus on Soul Retrieval and Soul Clearing, will meet from 1:00 until approximately 7:00 p.m. The requested donation for the afternoon session is $65-95, sliding scale – again, unless you’ve made prior arrangements with me. I do have a liberal scholarship policy, so please don’t let financial concerns keep you from attending. If you want to come, we’ll work out the money part of things.
Here’s some additional information:
1) Getting here
If you’re coming from SF / N. Oakland / Berkeley, take 580 E toward San Leandro/Hayward, then exit at Edwards Ave. Turn right, go approx. 5 blocks, pass a donut shop, and then take your 2nd right after the donut shop – that will be Simson. Stick to your left; the road will curve around, go uphill a little, then straighten out – and my house will be on the left there. There are lots of peace flags on the fence, so it’s easy to spot! Please park on the street – wherever it’s wide enough – and then walk down the driveway to the front door (green door with multicolored tiles around it.) if you get lost or delayed, please call me:[masked]-4542.
If you’re coming from San Leandro or south, take 580 W to Keller, turn left onto Mountain, go about 5 blocks, then turn left again – just before you would otherwise have to get back onto 580. Go under the freeway overpass. You will be on Edwards – so just follow the directions below.
If you’re coming from Alameda, or from highway 880, take Hegenberger (going east). Go all the way up the hill, where it becomes a 2-lane road. SImson will be a left turn immediately before the very crest of the hill – if you pass the donut shop on your left, you’ve gone too far! Then, once you’re on Simson, follow the directions above.
By public transportation:
There is a bus that comes from Berkeley – sorry, I don’t know the number, but you can look it up – and will drop you off within a couple of blocks. The closest BART station is Coliseum, and there is a bus that comes from there. Or, if a number of people are taking BART, you could split a cab here – it is only about 3 miles so the fare will be cheap. If anyone is able to provide a ride from Coliseum BART – or from Berkeley! – please let me know, as several participants have requested one, if possible.
2) Please dress comfortably and wear layers so you can bundle up or shed, as necessary! We will be on couches and chairs.
Items to bring:
- A lunch and whatever snacks you’d like to have throughout the day (I’ll provide tea and drinking water.) There is noplace nearby to get good food, unfortunately, so you are much better off bringing whatever you’ll want to have. You are welcome to heat something up on the stove; however, I do not have a microwave.
- A notebook, or paper and pen, or a laptop, to take notes on your process throughout the day, and your journeys.
- One or more objects that feel sacred to you, to support you in doing the healing and releasing work of the day, help you connect to your guides, and/or draw in the energies of places on the earth that hold power for you.
Optional items to bring:
- A blanket or shawl if you want, to be cozy (though I have plenty I can lend to you.)
- A scarf to tie around your eyes if you prefer to do that, rather than just closing them.
- A hand-held frame drum, if you have one and would like to join in drumming.
- A rattle, if you have one (I have quite a few I can lend, as well.)
- A photo or photos of yourself at earlier points in your life – if you sense that they might be helpful to you in the soul retrieval process.
- A photo or other objects connected to people in your life whose souls you need to release or clear from your own energy field – again, if you sense that that would be helpful to your process.
Please note: the house is not wheelchair accessible, unfortunately. There are about six steps down to the main entrance. Once you are inside, it is all on one level, but navigating from the hallway to the bathroom in a wheelchair might be tricky. I apologize for this. As far as scents and allergies: I do ask people to refrain from wearing heavily scented products, perfumes, etc. I no longer have a cat (unfortunately, he died) so the house is now safer for allergic people.
That’s all for now! I’ve tried to cover everything – but please let me know if you have any questions. Again, I’m really looking forward to our coming together for a powerfully healing day.
Ruth L. Schwartz, Ph.D.