East Coast Tent Crazy Cool Campers Message Board › For anyone interested in Kayaking, Canoeing etc that has their own

For anyone interested in Kayaking, Canoeing etc that has their own

Denise
CrazyCoolCamperD
Group Organizer
New Rochelle, NY
Post #: 9
I found this information and I am posting for all of you that may own your own aqua equipment...
Hi, I'm Jon Repasch from the Monroe County Transit Authority. During weekends in the summer, our organization provides free shuttle transit to kayakers, canoers, hikers, and bikers in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area in Pennsylvania. We can also transport bikes, kayaks, canoes, and small personal watercraft on the route at no charge.

If you kayak or canoe, you also know that normally you would need a vehicle to drop you off at your launch, then another vehicle to pick you up where you end your river trip. Using our buses, you can eliminate this need. You can park your car at parking locations along the route, then grab our bus, put your kayak, canoe, ect. on board and head to wherever you want to launch from. Then, when you end your river trip, we can take you and your watercraft back to your car. The service is provided by a grant and is 100% free to everyone who uses it. It's good for individual people is really a great program for anyone who likes participating in outdoor or watersport activities.

I’m contacting you in order to help get the word out. Due to the grant-based nature of the program, we need to show that people want to ride our buses. Since it is free, most paddlers who I have talked to love the service and uses it. However, the challenge lies in getting the word out to everyone. That is why I am contacting you. Many people in our area already know about the service, but there is also a wealth of people who come in form the New York area to the Poconos for vacations. These, as well as outdoor enthusiasts' are the people we are looking to connect with. Is there any way that you could help us in promoting this service to people in the New York area who are interested in paddling? Perhaps a story on your page? Or, if you have meetings, maybe I could come up and speak about the service? It would be great if you could share information about this service with those who are interested.

The full route map is here:

http://gomcta.com/doc...­.

Our website for the service is here: http://gomcta.com/tri...­

Thank you for your time. Please contact me with any questions or comments you have. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jonathan Repasch,

Special Projects Assistant, Monroe County Transit Authority