align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

East Pasco/Hernando Ukulele Club Message Board › New Uke Fake book from Amazon.com

New Uke Fake book from Amazon.com

Bill O.
BillOC
Worcester, MA
Post #: 28
I just received my copy of the “Ukulele Fake Book” Paperback by Hal Leonard Corp. being offered by Amazon for $28. It contains about 100 songs that are in the “Daily” book by Beloff and about 100 songs that are in the “Leap Year” book by Beloff. So, if you own both Beloff books, you are buying 188 new songs (out of 400). Comparing a few songs in the Fake book with those in Beloff's books, I found the chords used often were poorly chosen for the songs. In one case, Beloff had 8 chords and the Fake book had 14 for the same song, and none of the additional chords seemed to improve the song. For another song, some of the chords seemed just wrong. Just my opinion, and something to consider before buying the book new – you may want to wait for used copies to be offered at a lower price.