Eastern Ohio Freethinkers Message Board › Post your favorite quote

Post your favorite quote

Randy P.
user 30631472
Tallmadge, OH
Post #: 12
TAM doesn't actually begin until July 12. My last post was from my hotel room in Flagstaff, Arizona. Robin and I have been on the road since Monday. We've visited a cafe on historic Route 66. The cafe was built in 192. We have also been to three National Monuments, one national park (Grand Canyon), and the Lowell Observatory. We just arrived in Los Angeles. Tomorrow we will visit the La Brea Tar Pits and the museum. While here we also plan to visit the Museum of Natural History and Griffith Observatory. May take a ride over to dip our feet in the Pacific Ocean.

Am really looking forward to TAM. Will be happy to post pictures. Will need to learn how to do it first, though. Have never actually posted any pictures to a meetup site.

I'll continue to pop in and post comments.
A former member
Post #: 28
By the way Char, I take credit for use of the phrase "woo woo". I think Michael Shermer/James Randi mite want to talk to you........but you take all the credit you need.

Okay. I suppose then that if you or anyone for that matter were on a spaceship which flew into the Sun it would be possible for you to survive this encounter? I know this is a rather bizarre hypothetical, though not an impossible one, given that we do have the technology to actually send a spacecraft to the Sun. So i assume that you are pointing out that thou tech we could fly thou the sun and survive. My point, Char, is that the statement that anything is possible is unquestionably false. Try going without oxygen for 24 hours. Not a chance you'll survive. Therefore, not everything is possible. There are numerous things, Char, that are impossible. So using tech we can fly thou the sun but not go with out O2? that's your argument?

Sean