EdTech Silicon Valley Message Board › Early survey results plus a Job Posting for an EdTech startup in SF (2 posit

Early survey results plus a Job Posting for an EdTech startup in SF (2 positions)

Chris
DrChrisDrew
Group Organizer
Redwood City, CA
Hello Innovators!

To the 20 of you who took the time to complete the survey -Thank you!

We were hoping for a 15-20% response rate (optimistic, I know) to inform us in our planning. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. So give us your $.02! Here's the link.

To give you a sense of the early results, see the screen shots below.

Also, School Loop is looking to fill two positions. And they have reached out to our group to scour for edtech experts. Here is what they sent me:

School Loop, a mission-driven, entrepreneurial start up that develops software solutions for K-12 school districts is hiring. The San Francisco-based company is looking to hire a Marketing Program Director and their first Product Manager.

The Marketing Program Director will lead the success of School Loop’s OnTrackEDU product, a silo-busting social dashboard that powers the continuous improvement of high aspiration school districts. The successful candidate will create, develop, implement, manage, evaluate, and optimize programs for OnTrackEDU, overseeing existing partnerships and creating new opportunities for collaboration. The full job description can be viewed here: http://koyapartners.com/SL_MPD.html­

The Product Manager will lead the organization’s migration to a more disciplined, informed, transparent, and participatory approach to making development and design-related decisions. This role requires the drive to help the company complete this transformation and the skills to oversee development of the company’s OnTrackEDU and School Loop Plus products.  The job description for that position can be viewed here: http://koyapartners.com/SL_PM.html­

Requirements include: five years relevant experience in a technology-based start up; college degree (MBA preferred); and solid marketing, project management, and analytic skills. Experience in the K-12 market preferred.

I was told that while they would like for the hires to both be senior, they are open to having a senior hire and a junior hire. So if these look interesting, give them a shout. Or shoot me a line and I'll put you in touch with the recruiter.

The fact that recruiters are looking to our group for resources is a testament to your energy, enthusiasm and passion for EdTech and education transformation! Way to go guys! Let's keep building our community!

Best,

Chris

The screen shots below do not present all of the responses. There were more. But each shot provides a good overview of the responses we've collected so far. I realize these may be difficult to read. So if you're interested in having a better image to review, shoot me a note and I'll get them to you lickity split.