EdTech Silicon Valley Message Board › Announcing the launch of Parent University

Announcing the launch of Parent University

Chris
DrChrisDrew
Group Organizer
Redwood City, CA
Hello fellow innovators!

In the spirit of sharing with and calling for support from the community, I have an update and a few announcements to make:

First, hopefully you'll remember that one of our members, Bhargav and his team at Fooya, is marching closer and closer to their Kickstarter goals. There's two weeks left. If you can spread the word and help them out, that would be fantastic!

Also, I'd like to share an exciting announcement about a recent achievement from my own startup, Parent University. We recently launched both our iPhone app and Android app!

For those who don't know, Parent University aspires to be the first mobile and online university to grant a degree to parents in parenting. Parents are a child's first and most important teacher and with the P.U. curriculum parents can be empowered to be their child's BEST teacher at home, starting at birth up to age 8.

It's the first version of the app, so I would be eternally grateful to hear any and all feedback from teachers, educators, game designers (we're looking to hire a game designer), and of course moms and dads. You can email me directly at chris@parentuniversity.co

For our next MeetUp, Li and I have been hearing from several folks that a STEM-focused event is in order. Stay tuned for the date (it may be at the end of April).

Finally, you will recall from our previous message that HackEd 2.0, being hosted by Facebook and the Gates Foundation is now accepting applications. Get your team together and apply TODAY! It's going to be an awesome opportunity!

Have a great Wednesday!

Chris