The Edmonton Hiking/Walking Meetup Group Message Board › Did you know....

Did you know....

A former member
Post #: 27
"Did you know that nearly 90% percent of the population suffer from foot-related problems, most of which are caused by wearing improper footwear, walking on hard surfaces for long periods of time, sports injuries, or just being overweight?

Doctors and researchers agree that people can experience discomfort in their feet, legs, hips and back due to foot problems. If your feet are not properly balancing your body weight, the rest of your skeletal structure can become misaligned. When you wear Good Feet Arch Supports, your feet are more correctly aligned and your body weight more evenly distributed, which can relieve pain and pressure in your feet, hips, even your back..."

Since our walking/hiking group will be starting up soon and seems to be just around the corner, I thought I would post something that may be of interest to others as well as personally. I am one of those that seems to always have "issues" with my feet and lower back. This is a company called Good Feet - Insert Comfort Here. I am curious if anyone has ever used their inserts or have used others and what did you think? Or have you found "the shoe" that you will not leave home without?

Looking forward to all comments and feedback!
A former member
Post #: 207
I have terrible feet and have used an orthotic for about 12 years. Specifically, I suffer from Plantar Fascitis - a common ailment involving the shorting of the Achilles Tendon.

Inserts make a world of difference and a trip to an orthopedic surgeon is a great investment. I currently use Dr. Patel in St. Al.
A former member
Post #: 28
This is great, thanks Phrank. Do you have to be referred by your GP or can you make an appointment directly?
A former member
Post #: 209
I believe a referral is required but some Podiatrists will take walk-ins as well.