The Edmonton TheatreGoers Club Message Board › Canmore Folk Festival
|A former member||
It looks like it's going to be a fantastic weekend in the mountains - great weather for the Canmore Folk Festival!
Things to bring include:
- A FF chair (they're typically shorter than the normal beach chair). Canmore has rules around the height of the chair that is allowed. Please see their website for details.
- A tarp to sit on.
- Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc.
- Hiking shoes and a day pack, for those who want to hike one day.
- A blanket to keep you warm in the evening. It can get quite cold when the sun goes down.
- Bathing suite for the hot tub.
- A sense of fun and humour. :-)
- Cash. The site is in the middle of the town, so you'll have plenty of access to food and drinks while there (including grocery stores). There are kiosks at the site as well. You will need cash, as there are no bank machines on site. There are also a number of merchandise tents on the site, which will surely tempt you.
If you are carpooling, please arrange with your driver the time and place for pick up. As well, please share in the cost of gas. If you still have not made arrangements for carpooling, please let me know.
While we are going as a group, it is not necessary that we stay with each other all of the time. We are all adults. However, please let people know where you're going and when you'll be back (approx.) so that nobody has to worry.
If you have a cell phone, consider sharing your number with someone in case of an emergency.
Thanks for this info. What's the target rendezvous time at the condo in Calgary on Saturday?