|Sent on:||Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:02 PM|
Thrilled to see the activity on the Music Jam page. Keep it going! Just sending this update out separately so everyone can see.
1) Scott Miller of Exit 7A Studios in Trenton, a nice rehearsal space which I have used, will be supplying us with a PA system for the evening for our music party. THANKS SCOTT! I will be bringing my keyboard, a keyboard amp, several guitar amps. I think a friend is bringing a drum kit. All of this equipment may be used by all participants - just treat it better than you would treat your own - as I'm sure you will all do.
So we will have most gear covered. I think we still need a bass amp. AS WE GET CLOSER TO NEXT FRIDAY I WILL CALL OUT ANY NEEDS.
2) 16 RSVP's and Growing - At this point based on RSVP's we will have two bassists participating - (Frank Modica and Mark Hommer). On keys we have Kathy Haynie, Charlie Kreitzberg, and myself. We have a whole bunch of guitar players and singers. We have Ken Bacorn on Trumpet and French horn. We have Rachel, Kim, Jamie, Sue and more on vocals. Although no drummers have officially RSVP'd, a few are invited - so we will have a couple of drummers in the room.
3) Several folks who have RSVP'd have not yet signed up for time slots. Let's help them out.Mindi Turin, Dave Haynie, and Tony De Santis have terrific backgrounds - Anyone want to pair up with them?
4) In the interest of filling more of the open slots, I am going to relax one of our "rules". While we want to encourage as much collaboration as possible, members who would like to sing/play a song alone - may do so. So you may sign up for a slot for yourself alone, or yourself + friends.
5) Idea of the day - SKYPE and FACETIME are great ways to meet others who you are thinking of possibly collaborating with. I will be doing this later myself.
6) There are a number of nice folks in the group who may be a little shy about RSVP'ing because they are not sure what they will do. IF you are on the fence, sign up - and trust me - you will be pulled in to play/sing. There are also friends of the group who attended the first meeting but haven't signed up for the group. Reach out to these folks and pull them in. Also invite other like-minded musicians into the group. It's not too late.
This is gonna be really good!