|Sent on:||Friday, June 15, 2012 12:30 PM|
We are very excited about tonight's "What the Heck is that Song" Music party at the Arts Council of Princeton. We have 37 members and guests pre-registered. I have a strong feeling that this number is light, so everyone should know that the capacity of the room with equipment is limited to 75. If you are planning to attend and you have not RSVP'd, please do so. We will not turn away anyone in the first 75 pre-registrations.
A couple of other important notes:
- First of all huge thanks to the Arts Council of Princeton for their enthusiastic support of our community. Please understand that that the Arts Council is a non-profit, multi-use facility and that we are guests of the Arts Council. Please support their mission. Please do click through the Sponsorship ad and learn more about the Arts Council. Better yet consider becoming a member.
- A big thank you also to Marc Helberg for supplying the PA system for tonight!
- We are asking that all attendees contribute $10 for the space and either bring a snack to share, or contribute an additional $5 and sign in the attendee list when they arrive in the Lobby of the Arts Council. Anyone who plans to drink beer or wine must show their ID at the front desk and will receive a hand stamp.
- As of today all but 2 acoustic slots have been filled for tonight - and most are performance segments rather than free for all jams per se. That said if you look at the comments , many of the segments have been set up and designed to accommodate those who would like to participate. Please take direction from the members leading the segment. If you really would like to participate and have not signed up previously, we suggest that you look at the segments and if there is something that you would like to participate in, please contact the segment leader in advance.
- We hope that everyone in the community is familiar with our "What We Believe" Mission and Vision Statement. If you have not yet read it please do so We are growing rapidly, more rapidly than we ever anticipated. At the end of the day this is OUR community and we need everyone attending to be an ambassador. Please welcome everyone - especially newcomers. Please support your fellow members in their performances. If you are using someone else's equipment, treat it better than your own. The building will need to close at 10, so when we wind up at 9:45, we will need everyone's help breaking down equipment and cleaning up.
- We would appreciate if several folks - especially those who are not signed up to perform, would bring a camera and feel free to post shots in this Meetup site.
We look forward to seeing you tonight! A splendid time is guaranteed for all!