An Emerging Christianity Conversation in DC Message Board › Directions to tomorrow's Lenten Coffeehouse with Margaret Hunt

Directions to tomorrow's Lenten Coffeehouse with Margaret Hunt

Glenn Z.
user 11569512
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Hi Emerging Group!,
We are looking forward to tomorrow's coffeehouse on Lenten Journeys with Margaret Hunt (we have another themed coffeehouse with Greg Barrett on April 13th that I'll post soon that will continue Tuesday's Shane Claiborne conversation on the Good Samaritan). I wanted to send detailed directions for those who have not come to our house (see bottom of email). We have between 15 and 20 people coming tomorrow which is wonderful. If you have anything to contribute toward exploring the night's theme of the downward/upward journey, just bring it along, maybe a story, a poem, a scripture, or a favorite hymn. (If you suggest a hymn soon, we can have our guitarist work on it tonight).

To try and finish by 9PM, I'm going to try and get us to eat around 7:10PM. And then we can start our conversation at 7:30pm. If you are late, feel free to come in and help yourself to some dinner before joining the circle. We are very casual about everything.

Details on food: I've just got a bunch of things for pesto pasta but for those not interested in a pasta dish I'll have some plain chicken and sausage. If you can bring something, that would be great. Green salads are the main thing (with dressings), but anything is welcomed. A bottle of wine or a bottle of juice would be great too. If you can't bring anything, I'll have a cup for donations too to cover the cost of main meal of the sausages.

Best, Glenn

P.S. Regarding our upcoming events, I'm hoping you can join us for our Shane Claiborne event on March 19th, our "Maundy Tuesday" contemplative prayer session on Tuesday, March 26th, and our Greg Barrett coffeehouse on Saturday, April 13th.  Let me know if you are interested in being reminded via email about these events.

Directions: We are located at…

Address:
The Chesapeake Apartments
4607 Connecticut Ave, Apt. #722 (seventh floor of apartment)
Washington, DC 20008
my cell: (202) 549-8305

Cross streets:
The Chesapeake apartments are in the gold and green brick apartment building at the corner of Connecticut and Chesapeake.

Metro Stop: We are about 6 blocks north of the Van Ness/UDC Metro Stop. You can take a bus (see below) or walk up Connecticut Ave.

Bus Directions from Van Ness/UDC Metro: Leave the Van Ness Metro Station (Red Line), and walk 5 feet north to the bus stop on Connecticut Ave. Take the L1, L2, L4, or D32 northbound up to the intersection of Davenport and Connecticut Ave (about 6 blocks north of the metro).

Bus Directions from Mt. Pleasant and Columbia Heights Metro (across Rock Creek Park from East to West): According to the DC Metro Bus map, an H2 bus leaves from Columbia Heights Metro, goes through Mt. Pleasant, and stops at the Van Ness/UDC metro. From there you can take a bus going north (see above directions). Leave the Van Ness Metro Station (Red Line), and walk 5 feet north to the bus stop on Connecticut Ave. (There’s also an H4 and H3 bus that goes to Cleveland Park Metro, from where you can go north on CT).

Parking:
You can park usually somewhere on Chesapeake Ave., right beside the apartment building, or on Connecticut itself right in front of the apartment building.

Opening Front Door using the intercom:
For directions on reaching my phone to buzz you in, you can look at the directions posted on the yellow piece of paper right by our dysfunctional intercom system (ignore the directions on inscribed on the intercom box itself!). In any case, you press the # button, and then press 722—don’t try and scroll through the apartment numbers. I can buzz you in after that. If that doesn’t work, call my cell at (202) 549-8305 and someone will come down from the 7th floor and open the door in person. Sometimes you have to work the intercom system a few times before we get it to open the door (sorry!). Once in, take the elevator in the lobby up to the seventh floor where we live.

Dress: Dress is casual casual (or sloppy casual).