addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

An Emerging Christianity Conversation in DC Message Board › details on Pentecost coffeehouse; food, time, and tour

details on Pentecost coffeehouse; food, time, and tour

Glenn Z.
user 11569512
Washington, DC
Hi all,

We are looking forward to tomorrow's Common Meal and Coffeehouse on Pentecost.  If you have any stories about Pentecost or what it has meant to you in your past, bring them along.  I'll be talking about a famous Eastern Orthodox icon on Pentecost on my part.

For food, I'm going to just bring salad with chopped pieces of rotisserie chicken.  If somebody could bring a bottle of wine, or juice, or bubbly water that would great.  If someone wants to bring some kind of nice bread that would be great too.

About times and the tour, Let's try and gather at 7PM.  We'll have the salad out for a light meal.  We'll try and have the singing and sharing at 7:15PM.  Somewhere during the night (before or after, not sure) we'll tour the sanctuary so we can get a feel for the space.  If you arrive late, you can just slip in and skip the dinner part, no problems there.

About the doors, you can enter a front door (that goes to the church office, NOT the big sanctuary doors) or the back door that comes in from the back parking lot and right at the edge of the playground area.  If no one is at the door to let you in for some reason, call 202-549-8305 which is my cell and I'll get you in.

Hope to see you tomorrow!

Best, Glenn