addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

National End The Fed Meetup Group Message Board ETF Action Program Forum › Petitioning: How do you approach folks?

Petitioning: How do you approach folks?

Jim R.
012-34-5678
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 57
...and what do you say to them to get their signature on your petition form?

Most folks get a blank look on their face when you mention the Federal Reserve.
Henry
user 8769731
Albuquerque, NM
Post #: 1
Oh do I know that blank look. I've been going door to door, which may no be the best strategy. I say, "Good afternoon. I'm collecting signatures for a nationwide petition. It's to investigate (and hopefully abolish) the Federal Reserve Bank(our central bank) on the basis that they are the CAUSE of the financial and economic crisis...... Would you like to sign?" I try to keep it simple. The abolish line, for some reason scares them I think. I used to leave it out. A few people caught it and stopped signing like they were being duped. I felt like a crooked salesman. Mr. Vincent has told me to focus on the fact that they caused the debt bubble which has burst. It's not an easy sell. I hand out a lot of information. I've probably handed out 300 or so pamphlets. I have about 60 signatures. I think that I'm in a very liberal area and people are either in the obama mode or they don't want any connection with government. I've been booted from grocery store parking lots. I tried the light rail station. That was all right. good luck and the main point is to not get discouraged. Be super polite and SPREAD THE WORD!! Our main objective is to get the information to the individual in person. So many people do not know about it, i'm hoping the embarrassment of know nothing will provoke people to look into it. I hope that helps. END THE FED!
Jim R.
012-34-5678
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 63
We tried petitioning movie-goers after they saw "The International."

Lesson: Don't try to get people to stop who are already on the move. Even though it was a fairly warm day here in FL, we only got signatures from folks who were waiting for friends before they went into the movies. They didn't have much else to do, so they listened to us.

The other problem was these big multiplex cinemas have multiple exits, so we missed a lot of the exiting "International" viewers anyway.

Well, it was an idea worth trying.
Justin M.
spcmckay
Bellingham, WA
Post #: 449
The best place is to hit up Campaign for Liberty meetings. I will also collect at the April 15th and 25th rallies. Usually people around here have petitions in front of goverment buildings and post offices. Sometimes you see them in from of grocery stores. I start the conversation with a general question. "Would you like to sign my petition? If yes, I hand it to them and let them read it for themselves. I answer any questions they might have. If they trust you they will pretty much sign any petition. You could have a petition to outlaw di-Hydrogen Oxide (Water) and people will sign it if they trust you. I wouldn't get into to much information. I keep a couple of handouts on the Federal Rerserve if they are curious. When you have something to handout you appear much more legit.