GIS is a platform for understanding our world. In the past, the data that fueled GIS could only represent a specific moment in time. Now, a number of new technologies are combining with ArcGIS to enable the real-time collection and sharing of data. The result is a dynamic platform that enables real-time visualization and analysis. Join us to learn about the new age of real-time GIS.
5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
• Registration and Networking: Mix and mingle with fellow DC metro area GIS and developer professionals while enjoying complimentary hors dʹoeuvres and beverages.
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
• Esri Partner OSISoft’s Craig Diffie and Mark McCoy, will demonstrate their PI System, a software data infrastructure for capturing, aggregating, and analyzing real-time operational data. PI is widely used in America’s power generation, electrical transmission and distribution, oil and gas, and process engineering industries, and is an important tool for Federal, State, and Local entities that want to leverage real-time GIS.
• Also hear from Esri Partner and noted start-up, Valarm. Lorenzo Gonzalez, CEO and Software Architect, will present Valarm’s ability to facilitate rapid and simple deployment of real-time, mobile sensor networks for remote monitoring and asset tracking. Valarm’s innovative approach connects industry-standard sensors, makes them location-aware, and streams their data to the cloud or to private networks.
• The night’s discussions will conclude with Esri real-time GIS expert Mark Bramer, who will discuss the power of and best practices for geofencing and attribute filtering to help sort and make sense of large amounts of incoming data.
7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
• Networking: Mix and mingle a little longer.