Eugene British Expatriates Message Board › British food sources in Eugene

British food sources in Eugene

Elizabeth
user 4441664
Eugene, OR
Post #: 1
I'll start! I found these at the West 11th Walmart yesterday:

McVities digestive biscuits and chocolate digestives, in with the regular cookies facing the dairy section. About $3 for the chocolate ones and $2 for the plain ones - much cheaper than any of the import places I've found. These appear to be specially packaged by McVities for various markets - inside is the usual cylindrical plastic wrapping, but completely white, and the box has the normal US nutrition information, not a sticker overlaying British info.
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks Beth!

That's funny I was just craving some chocolate digestives today! Knowing there is an alternative to paying 'Cost Plus World Market' prices is very handy.

So to add to the list, here is a quick summary of my discoveries so far:

Cost Plus World Market
Sweets (crunchies, toffee crisps, lion bars, etc) digestive biscuits, jammie dodgers, sponge pudding, spotted dick, marmite, vegemite, tea of course, all sorts of drinks including some British beers.

Market of Choice
Marmite & vegemite, some sweets inc. crunchy and yorkies, PG tips, Yorkshire tea, colemans english mustard, heinz baked beans (called 'vegetarian beans, but same thing) a few other things I can't remember at the moment.

and lastly, a hidden gem:
Albertsons on 18th & Chambers
In the 'World Food' section under the 'Eastern Europe' sign (???). They have bisto gravey granules (both chicken and beef), birds custard powder, pickled onions and the more usual stuff such as PG tips.

Feel free to add your discoveries to the list!
A former member
Post #: 1
Market of Choice has HP brown sauce too. I've also seen Brit bacon.