addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Eugene Veggies Message Board › What to give for Halloween? Eugene Veggies News - October

What to give for Halloween? Eugene Veggies News - October

JJ
user 37645002
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Eugene Veggies:
I'm looking forward to seeing so many of you at the Potato Bar event this Saturday.  If you haven't signed up yet and are thinking of doing so, please do so soon as I will be sending out an e-mail tomorrow to get us organized.
I'm super excited that EVEN is bringing David Gabbe to Eugene on October 24.  When I first went vegan, I took several cooking classes from David, and it was a big help.  I had a really good time, but I always had to go to Corvallis, Salem or Portland to see David.  Now he is coming to Eugene for, "watch and learn how to prepare delicious and nutritious vegan food for a gentle, cruelty-free holiday."  We have lots of Eugene Veggies who want to learn how to cook good vegan meals.  Here's a great chance.  7:00 sharp.  McNail-Riley House, 601 W. 13th Av (@ Jefferson), in Eugene.  (Park free in fairgrounds across the street.)
Another bit of news: For the Eugene Veggies animal lovers.  Mercy For Animals (a fantastic organization) is doing an event here in Eugene.  It looks really fun and I encourage you to go if you can make it.  I included event details below.
QUESTION ABOUT HALLOWEEN
What do our vegan members give out to the kids for Halloween?
Why do I ask?  I hate the idea of purchasing anything with dairy or eggs.  The accidentally vegan candy I have seen in the stores is a nightmare of chemicals that I also hate the idea of buying.  The vegan candy that I have seen on the internet is yummy and ethical - but quite expensive.  I'm curious what other people do.  I'm including a copy of this e-mail on our Discussion board.  Any responses/discussion would be welcome!
If I don't see you before the end of the month, all those who celebrate, have a spooky Halloween!
- JJ, your Eugene Veggies Organizer
**************************************­
Please join Mercy For Animals in Eugene, Ore., to spark a debate over why we call some animals pets and others dinner. We will be joined by a massive, 10-foot-long inflatable puppy in a hamburger bun. The puppy will be covered in ketchup, mustard, cheese and lettuce.
This traffic-stopping demonstration will expose consumers to the reality that farmed animals are every bit as capable of experiencing pain and suffering as the dogs and cats so many of us know and love, yet are forced to endure egregious cruelty throughout their lives and are brutally slaughtered. Activists will also be holding signs in protest of cruelty to farmed animals.
Gather with us as we speak up against the abuse farmed animals are subjected to before reaching our plates and encourage consumers to adopt a healthy and compassionate vegetarian diet.
Signs, banners and leaflets will be provided. Join us promptly at 10:30 a.m. at Kincaid Street and East 13th Avenue. Please dress professionally, as media coverage is expected.
For more information, please email Jeni Haines, national campaign coordinator, or call 916-934-9460.
Where: Kincaid Street and East 13th Avenue, Eugene, OR
When: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
>> RSVP on Facebook
Related Links:
http://www.mercyforanimals.org/events.aspx?event_type=12­

http://www.mercyforan...­