Aug 14, 2014 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Most of us have jobs and even those of us who do not must still perform some degree of work to get by. But what is work? What makes work different from the rest of the things we do? Is there a difference?
• What is work?
• What is the relationship between work and fun? Are these mutually exclusive concepts? Do they need to be? Should they be?
• What is the relationship between work and necessity? Could something unnecessary be work? Is everything that is necessary work?
• What is it that motivates us to work hard? Does it depend upon the task?
• How does ethics play into work? What does it mean to have a "strong work ethic"?
• Are there any philosophies or ways of thinking that lend themselves well to getting work done? What are the contributing factors to procrastination?
Location and Price:
This meetup will be just outside the cafe inside Half-Price Books (near the fish tank). There is also a suggested (but by no means mandatory) $2 donation to help cover the cost of maintaining this meetup group.