Announcing a new Meetup for The Dallas Examined Life Philosophy Group!
What: Saturday Examined Life
When: Saturday, June 19,[masked]:00 PM
2425 Walnut Hill Ln
Dallas, TX 75229
TOPIC: Happiness ... what is it?
* Why was "happiness" such an important concept that our forefather's stated the we have the "right" to pursue it?
* Is it possible to maintain constant happiness?
* Is being "unhappy" a bad thing? Is there any value in unhappiness?
* Are happiness and contentment the same thing?
* Does being happy require work?
* Why do some people seem perpetually "happy" while others appear to be just the opposite?
* Are there attitudes that promote happiness?
These are just some of the questions I'm proposing for our meeting. We're constantly talking about values in general and this is a chance for us to talk about a specific value.
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/ExaminedLife/calendar/13774956/