addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Dallas Examined Life Philosophy Group Message Board › Thomas Jefferson's Ltr to John Adams

Thomas Jefferson's Ltr to John Adams

Rinda G.
user 7444310
Dallas, TX
Post #: 136
In the Sept 13th meeting I mentioned a letter Jefferson had written to Adams on the topic of the existence of a diety/God. I commented that I thought the language was poor gramatically, that there were phrases that made it difficult for me to truly comprehend except by extreme guessing and generality as to what Jefferson was actually saying. Several of you were interested in seeing the letter and I finally recovered the website where I found it.

Thomas Jefferson to John Adams on existence of God
Jim B.
user 4260314
Arlington, TX
Post #: 374
Thanks for posting this, Rinda. You're right, it does require some guesswork in places. It's amazing to me that two U.S. Presidents would be writing to each other about such topics! I can't imagine that happening today.
Rinda G.
user 7444310
Dallas, TX
Post #: 137
I hadn't even thought of that. Ah, but another reason to keep you around! biggrin