PowerPivot for Excel (3 hours CPE)
June 22,[masked]:30 am – 12:00 noon
Microsoft SQL Server PowerPivot for Excel is a new technology aimed at providing self-service Business Intelligence (BI). This tool, an Excel add-in, puts the power of expensive and complex business intelligence tools in the hands of strong Excel users, free of charge. PowerPivot is a powerful in-memory database that allows the user to join data from multiple sources, create relationships, and develop calculations in a way previously out of reach to non-technical users.
This class is intended to help you begin to cross the chasm between analyst/Excel user and business intelligence professional. Microsoft has also expanded into Big Data and this class will include a demo on using Big Data in a PowerPivot solution and a GeoFlow demo if time permits.
Presented by: Experienced Excel user and Business Intelligence Professional - Joe Dion
Session will cover:
- Understanding the components of PowerPivot and how they work
- Importing Data from multiple types of data sources including Excel, text files, SQL Azure (Microsoft’s cloud based database) and HD Insight, Microsoft’s Big Data offering
- Understanding and creating relationships between the data sources
- Introduction to DAX, the Data Analysis Expressions language giving PowerPivot many of its capabilities. (Think of DAX as a version of SQL that Excel users can easily understand)
- Adding calculated measures to the data
- Demo on how to incorporate Big Data into PowerPivot
- A demo of GeoFlow on a PowerPivot solution if time permits (this is a Geography based reporting solution released in Beta in April.)
Learn About PowerPivot
Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For 2012
2012 Microsoft Global Office 365 Solution Partner of the Year
2012 Microsoft Global Portals & Collaboration Partner of the Year Finalist
2012 Microsoft Office 365 Race to Innovate Grand Champion
- Attendees will have the opportunity to receive personal assistance and guidance from experienced trainers.
- This event is hands-on, it is recommended that each participant brings a working laptop.(No computer is provided by the organizer)
- Refreshments will be provided to attendees. Join us for this informative event!
8:30 am -9:00 am Check in & networking
9:00 am -12 noon Training session
*Complimentary light breakfast with bagels, coffee