addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Exit 109 Yakers Message Board › Settings have changed for Exit 109 Yakers

Settings have changed for Exit 109 Yakers

Christopher
user 16424801
Group Organizer
Matawan, NJ
Christopher , the Current Organizer of "Exit 109 Yakers" Meetup Group has changed the settings for the group.

Members can now add Meetups and announce them to the group. Please feel free to announce any events kayak related.  If your bored and just want company for a leisurely afternoon adventure so you do not have to paddle alone - then that's what we'll be about. It does not need to be a numbers game nor does it have to be solely on the Navesink. This sport is so much more interesting and safer when shared with others.

The Site Organizer (Christopher) will not be present on all meetups, so if you post the paddle your the host of that event. He will make things interesting by posting diverse trips through out New Jersey & beyond. Christopher has a passion for fishing and will suggest some Yak fishing trips as well.

Our home base is and always will be Maple Cove in Red Bank thanks to the tireless efforts of Cindy B. She kindly asked me to step up for the next stage of E109. She will continue to be an active member & host her famous full moon paddles. Sounds like fun....so please get active to make this the best New Jersey paddling Meet-up around.

Post a Meetup at http://www.meetup.com...­

If you've been inactive for a long time and no longer wish to be part of our little group feel free to remove yourself or please get more involved by hosting or RSVP'ing a meetup. Please check in often to see whats happening. There's a great forum / discussion feature on the home page to get involved with too.  Perhaps you'll meet some old friends or make new ones, you'll be glad you did...
Rick
Rick-C
Brick, NJ
Post #: 42
Congratulations Chris, and thanks for stepping up to take over this club.

I (and I'm sure that I speak for everyone else in this club) would also like to extend a great big "THANK YOU" to Cindy for creating and running this club, and for all the hard work that she has done to make Maple Cove a reality.

She had to step on some pretty big toes to get the town of Red Bank to agree to create this small area as a "PUBLIC Access Ramp", and many thought there was no way that this "little girl" could ever fight Town Hall (and some very rich and powerful people) and win. But; it was something that she truly believed in and she kept fighting for it, and, amazingly; she eventually did WIN ! And it is because of her efforts that we all now have free access to this wonderful river.

But, somehow a simple "Thank You" hardly seems enough. I wonder if we could petition the town of Red Bank, to see if we could get this area renamed to "Cindy Cove", and rename the short little street that gives access to it, to "Cindy Lane", in honor of the tremendous effort that she put forth to make this a reality.

But, even if we can't get that to happen; rest assured Cindy that all of us (as well as many future generations of paddlers to come), truly do appreciate all that you have done for us.

Thanks again, and we all look forward to seeing both you and Chris out on the water, and we all look forward to enjoying another fun-filled year of great paddling events !

Rick
Sue B.
user 25587662
Middletown, NJ
Post #: 5
well said Rick!
A former member
Post #: 19
I agree with everything Rick said, but we have a better chance of seeing Rick moving to Red Bank then there is of Red Bank naming a street or cove after Cindy. biggrin

But that doesn't take away from Cindy's accomplishments, hard work and dedication. Cindy, please don't be a stranger and remember to grab a paddle and jump in your kayak and join us for some fun times on the water! A big thank you for everything you've done for both this group and the town of Red Bank.

Another thank you to Christopher for taking on the mantle of Organizer and keeping this meetup in existence. smile I look forward to attending some fun events with this group in the coming year!

So when is our first full moon paddle?

Uh..when the moon is full? When is that? confused Making a note to look that up..

Have a great Holiday Weekend and hope to see you all on the water sooner than later!