Experience Tokyo Message Board › No show list

No show list

Closed to new replies

Tami
tamishimo
Group Organizer
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 10
After careful consideration, I have decided to enforce a new no show policy.
Please read the About page for a detailed explanation. Thank you!

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--------------------

The Experience Tokyo Meetup Group has just started our second year as a group.
Over the past year, we've had 27 meetup events and our group has grown to close
to 400 members, a third of whom are active members (according to the meetup stats).

I take pleasure in organizing this group and feel fortunate to have met so many interesting
people. However, I must admit that it saddens me whenever people RSVP but then do not show
up for the event. I understand that people have their reasons for deciding not to come to an event
last minute, and I appreciate when people take the time to text me to let me know they won't be coming.

Today, 18 members and I waited outside in the cold for people who did not contact me and did not show up.

Please understand that when you RSVP Yes to an event, you are promising that you will attend.
That means that unless you contact me to let me know otherwise, we are expecting you to join us,
and when you do not show up, you end up making the entire group wait for nothing.

I don't want to nag or make anyone feel bad, but I feel I have to address this before things get any worse.

Starting this year, I will be keeping a list of no shows.
I will post the names of members with no shows, and members with two consecutive no shows will be prevented from RSVP'ing for the next two events.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions regarding this new policy.

Your organizer,
Tami