Winter Solstice Picnic Update:
• Arrive at Pavilion #1 after 10:00 am. You will have to pay $7 per adult for a day pass to the Park.
• The MAs will provide grilled burgers and hot dogs starting at 1:00 p.m. We will also provide buns, ketchup, mustard, plates, utensils, potato chips, and paper towels.
• If you have special dietary needs, please know that any veggie or vegan burgers may be cooked on the same grill as meat products.
• We're hoping volunteers will provide lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onions, and pickles.
• Please BRING A SIDE DISH to share! There are electrical outlets if you want to bring a crock pot, but you'll also need to bring an extension cord.
• Please BYOB, either alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Note that alcoholic beverages must be, ummmm, discrete. Which means in a closed container, disguised with a koozy, poured into a (self-provided) cup, etc. You must also provide your own water. (Alcohol is not allowed in Texas State Parks - so VERY discrete).
• At 3:00 p.m., we will do our white elephant gift exchange. We ask that all participants spend no more than $10 per gift. If you have a CHILD who wants to participate, please bring a child-appropriate gift. This part of the picnic is optional, but usually a lot of fun!
• More details to follow about camping.