This is a special Veteran's Day email announcement. Forgive me for sending two emails within a week.
- We'll have a pre-Veteran's Day happy hour tomorrow evening. We'll start at Guapo's in Shirlington at 5.30. Who knows where we might end up. Maybe we can make our way to a karaoke bar later. Stop by to lift a glass and buy a round for the veterans in the group.
- Veteran's Day hike: In my typical, spontaneous style, I posted a hike for Thursday morning in Prince William Forest. I chose Prince William Forest because it's only about 35 minutes away and it's close to the National Museum of the Marine Corps!
- After the hike, the National Museum of the Marine Corps is adjacent to Prince William Forest so let's head over there and check it out. Admission is free. Consider bringing a change of clothes if you also join us on the hike - although I don't think you'll get THAT dirty/sweaty.
- We haven't had a new member mixer for a while. How about we triple-up this Friday's happy hour/fundraiser and add a new member mixer dimension to it?! If you've never made one of our events, this is the one to attend - we'll have a good turnout, lots of people to meet.
- I did so poorly at last week's Pub Quiz that I need someone dumber than me to go with me tonight about[masked]pm. Now, there's a good chance that you actually won't be dumber than me at pub quiz so don't be intimidated - just come out & join us. It's a fun time.
- Probably going to post a hike this weekend, too. Probably in SNP or GWNF. I'm leaning toward Signal Knob. It'd be nice to get an early start, maybe leave Fairlington/Shirlington about 7am at the latest so that we can start hiking by 8.30am. Please check the calendar - I should have the location picked & posted before I go to pub quiz tonight.
PS - Please forgive the typos, run-ons & fragments.