We are a local San Diego group dedicated to helping families connect their children to nature. Inspired by Richard Louv's book, Last Child in the Woods, this "family nature club" helps families get nature back on their calendars with a variety of opportunities each month in and around the San Diego region. We typically offer 2-3 outdoor adventures per month on the weekends plus a variety of weekday outings. We encourage adults to follow their children's lead in nature, fostering their natural sense of wonder and awe.
In addition to the overall FAN group, we have established several "Nearby Nature Clubs" that meet within the same geographical region each week:
- Wilderness Wednesdays meets predominately in the Scripps Ranch, Rancho Penasquitos and Poway communities
- Encinitas Explorers meets in Encinitas and surrounding areas
- O'side Trail Tribe meets in and around Oceanside
- Intrepid Trekkers meets in and around Mira Mesa
- Urban Canyoneers meets in and around Balboa Park
- Canyon Creepers meets in various locations
- South Bay Sojourners meets in Chula Vista and the South Bay
- Saturday Scramblers meets in various locations
- Sages and Songbirds is especially for grandparents and their grandkids and meets in various locations
Please contact Janice with any questions or feedback, or if you'd like information on how to start up a group "nearby" your home! We'd love to help you with resources and mentorship. Thanks and we hope to see you out in nature soon!
We are also a proud collaborative partner with the San Diego Children and Nature Collaborative (SDCaN) and the Children and Nature Network.
We highly recommend you visit www.childrenandnature.org for the latest in research and resources!
With special thanks to our sponsor Sandy Hill Nursery School!
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Sunday, March 8, 2015 2:00 PM
Wednesday, March 11, 2015 4:30 PM
Sunday, March 15, 2015 1:30 PM
Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:30 PM
Saturday, March 21, 2015 1:00 PM
Wednesday, March 25, 2015 1:00 PM
Saturday, March 28, 2015 2:00 PM
Saturday, April 4, 2015 11:00 AM
Thursday, April 16, 2015 5:30 PM
Saturday, April 25, 2015 2:00 PM
Thursday, May 21, 2015 5:30 PM
Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:30 PM
Thursday, July 16, 2015 5:30 PM
Thursday, August 20, 2015 5:30 PM
Thursday, September 17, 2015 5:30 PM
Thursday, October 15, 2015 5:30 PM
Thursday, November 19, 2015 5:30 PM
Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:30 PM
Thursday, January 21, 2016 5:30 PM
Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:30 PM