We are getting geared up for our Spring fashion events! Currently we are planning a Kid's Fashion Walk for Children's Cancer Research which will be a fashion show casted with 100% children who want to give back to their community. The purpose of this casting call/picnic is so that parents can:
1) Get their children registered, and fill out necessary permission slips.
2) Find out more about our organization.
3) Learn about the expectations and rehearsal schedule for their children to participate in the event.
4) Network with other parents who are interested in charity or getting their children involved in models and other talent areas.
What to expect at the casting call:
Who are we casting?
We are looking for 20 children ages 2 - 10 (boys and girls) to be casted for this charity runway show. We would like to work with children who love being stylish, are outgoing, and have an interest in helping others. Children with physical disabilities are welcome too, don't be shy! We want to make this a fun event for kids to get involved with a good cause.
There are administrative costs with all of our events, so we try to keep these covered to maximize our ability to benefit the charitable cause. Online registration is $10.00 (paypal) per child. Registration on the day of the casting call is $15.00 (cash) per child. Each registered child will receive a goody bag.
What will the kids be doing?
Once your child gets registered and checked in, we'll be calling them up for one on ones. We'll ask them to see their runway walk, take a few pictures, and tell us a little about themselves and why they want to be in the show. Parents are invited to bring blankets, lawn chairs, and picnic baskets to enjoy a nice outdoor lunch with their children and other families. We'll have some games for the children while they wait to strut in front of the panel.
What should the kids wear?
They should wear an outfit that is stylish, age appropriate, and show off your child's personality. Hair should be styled. Makeup is not necessary.
What parents should know before signing their kids up:
- There will be no additional registration fees beyond the casting call if your child is chosen.
- We will make our decision by April 30th and contact each parent.
- Children are required to attend two rehearsals with a responsible adult.
- Parents will have to provide two outfits for their children to model which will need to be approved by the stylist. This does not necessarily require parents to go out and buy new clothes.
- There will be a ticket sales contest for the children awarding a prize to the child that sells the most tickets to their friends, family, and classmates in support of the charity event.
- Photos and video of your child may appear on our website and in our promotional materials for the organization.
- You need to be punctual.
Questions? Email us at [masked]!