addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Femgineers Message Board › DevFest Silicon Valley

DevFest Silicon Valley

Poornima
user 6056217
Group Organizer
Palo Alto, CA
Hello Femgineers!

I know its been awhile since we had a Femgineer Forum, I was in India last month, touring the south with family, and just didn't have time to plan one for February before leaving.  However, I am back well rested, and working to have one lined up for March in SF!  Many of you have requested that the topic be on Interview Skills, so that's what we'll focus on.

In the meantime I wanted to share some very women friendly events that are taking place in the Bay Area.  The first is DevFest Silicon Valley, and as you'll see, it has a great list of women speakers who are very knowledge about web and mobile development.  I personally love Chui-Ki's presentations myself!

If you're attending PyCon please stop by the LadyCoders booth.

Finally, I'm looking to host the next Femgineer Forum on March Tuesday 26th or Thursday 28th so please save the date!  I've also already got a sponsored lined up for April, and both will be in SF.

Kindly,

Poornima

PS I'd love to run Femgineer forums on a more regular basis but with my two startups its been hard for me to handle all the logistics.  If anyone is open to volunteering to share some of the work with me I'd really appreciate it, and am willing to comp future tickets to the event.  It requires about 1 hour of work a week max.  Email me if you think you can commit to helping out.