addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Film Fans and Socialites of Reading Message Board › Green Zone and Sundays

Green Zone and Sundays

Oli S.
OliSeaman
Group Organizer
Reading, GB
Hi all, we'll be meeting at 6:30pm Saturday for a meal, then 8:45pm to see Green Zone. See the meetups for more details. Please PayPal me ticket money as it may be popular so I can get tickets reasonably ahead of time (film only just come out).

The suggestion of meeting on a rainy Sunday for a meal and film has been very popular. I happen to be busy for the next few Sundays but will post something soon.

As I see it, the organisation can't really be dependent on the weather - I'd want to give people notice that it's happening, and wouldn't want to cancel at the last minute if the sun comes out. It would be fine for people to RSVP with 'maybe' if they're weather-dependent and with 'yes' if they're definitely coming, as I wouldn't want to have lots of people saying 'yes' then find I'm the only person who turns up.

Not sure how else it could be done - I think if I post a meetup on a Sunday morning for the Sunday lunch, no-one will notice. I wouldn't want to attempt something like building a list of people who might want to meet on a Sunday then phoning around if it's raining.

This note is being sent by email and going onto the group message board, and replies will go to the message board, so you can discuss 'wet Sunday strategy' there. Will be Summer soon :)

Seeya Saturday,
Oli
Gina
user 9244442
Reading, GB
Post #: 12
yes - good points about the organisation of it all!! Maybe the odd Sunday outing would be better as a winter activity........