WED 4/9/13 NOTE: FROM TODAY PLEASE ONLY RSVP IF YOU ARE A DIRECT EMPLOYER OR A CANDIDATE.
This month we've got plenty of good news. We've had some fantastic and well established companies join the group, we're excited to announce a great venue for our next meetup, and, best of all to attract top hiring companies, we've grown to almost 1100 members! As of 5th September, we've quite a lot of early stage startups looking for staff, and more established players like KPMG, Which? Magazine, Penguin Books, Gamesys, and of course, Ticketmaster themselves.
On September 11th we're hosting our next meetup at Ticketmaster, the number one web destination for live event tickets in the UK, attracting over 6.2 million unique visits per month. To see Ticketmaster's vacancies visit http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/careers
Why should YOU attend?
• Candidates find work at our events, our track record is very good.
• Our meetup attracts excellent London based tech talent and a mix of exciting, well established companies looking to hire, as well as some startups.
• Great centrally located venue a stones throw from Angel Tube Station at Ticketmaster. Their offices have a pretty amazing bar with a slide and a juke box, see the picture below, you'll have fun whilst networking!
• Plenty of time for networking - networks are how you get hired, and you meet interesting people, the movers and shakers in London's tech scene!
• We'll have our unique, new and improved skills and role badges helping match candidate and hirer tech skills or skills requirements, quickly and efficiently. And you'll still have more fun with stickers than you've had since you were 5.
• Short presentations by employers and (optionally) candidates looking to hire/find work.
• You'll meet employers and recruiting agents face to face - who wants to spend 20-30 minutes on the phone when you can chat in person?
• It's efficient - you can talk to around a dozen people interested in what you do at the one event, over a few hours, after work.
• EVEN MORE BEER AND PIZZA courtesy of our sponsors Ticketmaster in a relaxed, fun and friendly environment.
• Always FREE FOR CANDIDATES - if you're looking for a job, we don't ask for money. Companies can help by sponsoring the event... and save by meeting dozens of candidates, for free or low cost.
Remember to bring a few CVs and business cards, but be prepared to exchange emails and text messages with interested and interesting people, too!
Please get in touch if you'd like to sponsor future events. We're looking particularly for companies interested in an event in the last two weeks of November, and for another event early in the New Year.
Who should attend?
Developers (all programming languages), technologists, people involved in the tech scene - web devs, UXDs, data analysts, etc, employers, recruiters, anyone looking for a permanent or contract tech job now or in the short term future or to hire developers \ technologists. Our aim is to make finding a tech job as easy, pleasant and as efficient as possible.
Who should not attend?
If the paragraph above does not relate to you then please check before RSVPing. This event is for tech job seekers and those offering tech jobs, only.
To be perfectly clear, if you are a techie looking for a job, or if you're an employer, or a recruiting agent for employers of full time or contract technical staff - we're here for you. If you're selling to companies, or candidates - we're not.
6:30pm: Arrive, sign in & badge up, meet and greet
7:00pm: Presentation by our sponsors, employers and those candidates who wish to speak.
7:30pm: One to one networking
We're looking forward to seeing you!
Pictures of Ticketmasters HQ Bar where the meetup is taking place...
David, Nish and Jeremy (The Organisers)
Now follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/TechJobsLondon
And on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/findatechjobinlondon/