Firefox OS London Message Board › Firefox OS demo night wrap up!

Firefox OS demo night wrap up!

A former member
Hey FoxFans!
Just wanted to drop you all a line to say thanks for coming along to the meetup, I hope you enjoyed the speakers and chatting about all the new stuff in Firefox OS :)

If you missed the meetup, you missed out on :

Francisco Jordano
Who talked about what improvements are coming with version 1.2 (lots) and how Mozilla is moving to a 3 month release cycle for updates, which means that Firefox OS will be the fastest improving mobile operating system in history!

Henry Hoffman
Presented Mortar Melon, a very successful HTML5 Windows 8 game that was a cinch to port to Firefox OS. He also shared tips and tricks on how to create an efficient HTML5 game. He has put his talk online so you can find out more here!

Natasha Rooney
Updated us on App Cache and why it isn't necessarily the best solution to storage and presented why ServiceWorkers may save the day! Natasha has kindly made her slides available so check them out!

Maksims Mihejevs
Maksims is a Firefox OS meetup veteren and attended our hackday back in June where he made Beat Em Up, an awesome multiplayer game that has you fighting to catch (and keep) a chicken, check it out here!

Oscar Amat
Continuing the game theme, Oscar talked about how he makes games for Firefox OS and other platforms using Cocoa 2DX!

I'd like to thanks Francisco, Henry, Natasha, Maksims and Oscar for taking the time to speak, I would also like to thank Telefonica Digital for giving us the space and paying for the drinks!

Until next time!
Tom