addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

L.A. Foodies Message Board Newsletter Archives › LA Foodies and Asian Foodies Newsletter 11-18

LA Foodies and Asian Foodies Newsletter 11-18

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT
Hello Foodies!

Restaurant Review - Ruby Room, Bev Hills Thanks to Groupon, I tried out this Persian restaurant last night and my offer of cheap eats was accepted by Patti and this was her first time with the group. I brought a decent New World bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon from Australia as there is free corkage at the restaurant and I had a great dining experience there and Patti, I hope you did as well! Groupies, you have one week to use up this Groupon for this place and I suggest you definitely should use it. If you can't, I'll buy it as I'd love to go here again! Click Here to read my restaurant review I'm gonna work on a prix fixe menu for our group.

Cork It Buddy! - On a recent video I recommended to you, Wine Confidential, they explored in depth the corking of wines. They had world class tasters taste an identical wine, one with a trad cork the other was a screw off cap. They tasted a white wine and it was no comparison, after several years, the wine was much better from the screw cap. This is a good thing as cork is getting really expensive and a modern screw cap bottle will be a better wine over the years. It may allow the white wines longer aging I suspect. The reds improve as well. So, I'm no longer embarrassed to bring a screw capped bottle of wine. Some wine snob that harrasses me about the screw cap wine I bring will get an earful. Now that you are in the know... you've just upped your game...

LACMA Free Jazz Night Final Concert - This Friday is the last one of the season. I'm definitely going and will bring a bottle of vino, some bread, cheeses and chacuterie to share. If some others do the same, we can have a great night of music, food and foodie friends. Click here to sign up.

Two Tickets to Roxy for $10 - I have a Groupon for the Roxy, but it must be used by the end of this month. Paypal me $10 and it's yours. http://www.groupon.co...­

Darrell's Test Kitchen - Yesterday, I dined at a Persian restaurant, the Ruby Room and they make an amazing Dill Rice! I gotta get me some basmati rice and try it for myself, it was so amazing! I Googled for a recipe... it's quite a bit more work than just using the ole rice cooker, I'm gonna have to see if Ican create an acceptable substitute but using a rice cooker and a lot less steps. I posted a dill rice recipe in the Message Board.

Deals Of The Day - ­LivingSocial - Wine Expo
­Groupon.com - $25 for $50 American Apparel

Friday's Deal - Groupon will be offering a OUTSTANDING apparel deal but I can't tell you the name of the vendor until Friday. Save 50% ­Click here on Friday.

Frugal Foodies - Post your groupons/vouchers on our forum that you wish to sell, buy or share. It's been working as I've sold a couple here.CLICK HERE

Upcoming Events - Check out our LA Foodies Calendar HERE­ and our Asian Foodies Calendar HERE­

Daily Deals
Restaurant.com­ 70% Discount - Code = THANKS
­LivingSocial - Wine Expo
Dealpop.com­ -
Groupon.com­ - 50% off American Apparel
BloomSpot.com­ - Napa Truffle Festival
Tippr.com­ -
SocialBuy.com­ - Chiropractor Services 66% off
AtCost.com­
BlackBoardEats.com­ -
Bogopod.com­ -
Greatworkperks.com­