L.A. Foodies Message Board L.A. Foodies+ Discussion Forum › Cocktails anyone? Any suggestions? How about the Tiki Ti?

Cocktails anyone? Any suggestions? How about the Tiki Ti?

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 353
Cocktails anyone? Any suggestions? How about the Tiki Ti? Haven't been there in a LOOOOOONG time and it's still getting rave reviews!

How about a bargain series... an example... Acapulco has free happy hour food and $2.50 margueritas on Mondays. You can eat and get your groove on for $10 plus tips. Usually loud and bad Karaoke in Hollywood, don't recall the Silverlake scene. Any interest?
Denita J.
dywalker00
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
This sounds like it would be really fun. I have always wanted to go to the Tiki Ti but have never been.
A former member
Post #: 18
Tiki Ti sounds great, I've never been there. Been meaning to hit all the Tiki spots in L.A., but have only gotten to two, including, thankfully, Trader Vic's.
Maybe a Tiki series?
Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 370
Well, there's a white hot Meetup group called DWS Drinking with Strangers. Maybe we'll have a series and call it DWF Drinking With Friends/Foodies?

So I'm thinking a mini pub crawl... We'll meetup at Acapulco and have a drink and free hors d'oeuvres, get some food in your belly before we crawl across the street to finish at the Tiki Ti. Be warned, it's a cash bar only, no food, beer or wine and SMOKING is ALLOWED INSIDE the bar.

I'm thinking a Wednesday night as weekends it's insane.

Here's a couple Tiki Ti links

http://home.att.net/~...­

http://www.tiki-ti.co...­
Rachel L.
user 2305410
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 12
D -

Going there tonight. I will let you know. The one issue with Tiki Ti that I was told is that it is very small and you need to limit groups to small numbers (8-10 people). But I will let you know later what I think.

Rachel Leah
A former member
Post #: 6
Tiki makes great drinks at relatively low prices, around $10 per drink. The great thing about it is that they prep their fruits and juices on that day. The place is small and everyone there is always friendly. And even though I don't smoke, it's weird how you automatically bum a cigarette off someone when you've had a couple of drinks. Count me in if you guys go.