L.A. Foodies Message Board New Event Announcements and or Changes to Events › New Meetup: "A Night in the North of Spain" 3 wines, 3 tapas - West Hollywood

New Meetup: "A Night in the North of Spain" 3 wines, 3 tapas - West Hollywood

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT
Announcing a new Meetup for L.A. Foodies!

What: "A Night in the North of Spain" 3 wines, 3 tapas - West Hollywood

When: Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:45 PM

Where:
Vinoteque
7469 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90046
((310) 860-6060

Groupon has been responsive to my rants about the limitations and this one look ideal for our group as everyone can buy and use their groupons instead of only 1 per table or group. So, there's 3 upcoming themed events on successive Tuesdays which all look great, but the one I'm most interested in is the one "A Night in the North of Spain" on Feb. 9th. However, you can buy more than one, (I bought 4) and go as often as you please or to the other ones on your own.

Okay, be sure to check out their website... their food looks amazing... and with the groupon discount, this should be an amazing deal as well. An additional 3 course dinner may be reserved ahead of time at discounted price. I'll find out about the menu when closer to the date as well as the price.

Vinoteque's Website Click Here. After you look at their fabulous looking food, come back here and get your Groupon by clicking the link below. You can only buy the groupon Today, Jan 21st, so don't procrastinate, otherwise if you wish to join us at the event, no problem, you just have to pay $20 instead of $10. That said, even without the discount, this looks like a great deal.

Click Here to purchase the discount groupon.

I'm sure this event will sell out fast, but even if our group maxes out, I'd recommend you get one of their groupons anyway to check out this place. Heck, I might go to the one this Tuesday on a private scouting mission it sounds and looks so good. If anyone wants to join me, post a comment. Many of you know that I rarely scout out restaurants in advance... this is because I love to share my first dining experience together with my fellow foodies... for better or worse... and even when the venue turns out that it's not so great, the wonderful company always makes the dining experience fun. But this place... as I write this writeup and looking at their photos of their food, I've convinced myself I have to go ASAP, but I REALLY want to try out their tapas night which is the official event here.

The service begins at 7pm, so let's jam this place up but we gotta get here early, so get here at 6:30 or 6:45pm at the latest in order to get everyone in... Jam Up Time!!! Wooohoooooo! Check their menu, they've got lots of interesting dishes... I have my eye on their burger but whatever floats your boat.

Images by JD on Yelp

===Groupon Writeup===

Fill your mouth with a one-two tsunami of fine French bistro cuisine and world-class wine, plus the tongue-rolling joy of saying sommelier, with today's Groupon. For $10, you get a three-wine, three-appetizer Sip and Swirl tasting event ($20 value) at Vinoteque on Melrose. The themed three-course festival begins at 7 p.m. every Tuesday and will feature "Whites of the Loire Valley" on January 26, "Napa and Her Wine" on February 2, and "A Night in the North of Spain" on February 9, with more themes to follow.

When a grape is just a small child, its raisin grandparents sit it down and explain that it will one day undergo a strange yet natural change when it's suddenly squashed underfoot, fermented, and then married to a delicious morsel of food for the benefit of everyone involved. At Vinoteque on Melrose, patrons get to celebrate the wedding of wine and food every Tuesday night in a special event ordained by the restaurant's knowledgeable sommelier. Under the expert guidance, you'll travel through three stages of wining and dining as you learn to taste the history in each sip and how it harmonizes with the flavors of your meal. The menu changes every Tuesday, so no two experiences are quite the same (unlike your elaborate attempt last year to re-create your high-school prom). Earlier this January, for example, patrons got to savor Vinoteque's seasonal French bistro menu of flavorful amuse bouches such as salmon crudo with goat cheese, saucisson (air-dried aged salami), and bitter chocolate truffles with coconut.

Vinoteque's expert pairings will open your eyes to the ways delicious foods can blossom into even more delicious foods when accentuated by the flavors and tannins of a regional wine. Enjoy today's Groupon and be inspired by Vinoteque's unique combinations to finally invent jellystew and baskethockey.
Reviews

LA.com has featured Vinoteque, and About.com is a big fan:

* …it’s the remarkable food--a flashback to quintessentially LA creative nouvelle cuisine--that makes this reasonably priced gourmet restaurant and wine bar an absolute must. – Shana Ting Lipton, About.com

Ninety percent of Urbanspooners like it, more than 150 OpenTable users give it four stars, and 33 Yelpers give it a solid four as well:

* This place is a find and it's a winner. Run, don't walk...you'll love it!" – OpenTable user who dined on 11/21/2009
* Wonderful experience. Vinoteque provides a very romantic ambiance... – Earl G., Yelp

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­