L.A. Foodies Message Board New Event Announcements and or Changes to Events › New Meetup: Cookie/Dessert Tasting and Kitchen Tour at Platine Cookies

New Meetup: Cookie/Dessert Tasting and Kitchen Tour at Platine Cookies

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for L.A. Foodies!

What: Cookie/Dessert Tasting and Kitchen Tour at Platine Cookies

When: Sunday, February 21, 2010 1:45 PM

Price: $13.00 per person

Where:
Platine Cookies
10850 Washington Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
310-559-9933

**IMPORTANT: RSVP as Maybe until you've pre-paid for this event. When I receive your payment, I will be the one to change your RSVP to Yes. To ensure you don't miss out on this event, I really recommend the use of Pay Pal.

COST:

$13 via Pay Pal (www.paypal.com) to abby@pleasurepalate.com

$12 via Check (email me for address)

Payments need to be made by 02/17 to reserve your spot. The payment will cover the entire event. IMPORTANT: You can not just show up for this event. Only a pre-payment will guarantee your RSVP.

All payments are non-refundable after 02/17.

So when it comes to having a sweet tooth, do you actually have a whole set? Specifically a whole set of sweet teeth? If so, than this event may be just the one for you. It's a sweet tasting of 6 delectable gourmet goodies and maybe, even an extra surprise or two from Platine Cookies in Culver City owned and operated by Chef Jamie Cantor, who actually has quite a pedigree.

Chef Jamie Cantor of Platine lives, plays, and bakes in Venice, California. She grew up in Miami Beach, Florida where early on she showed a passion and talent for baking and pastries. After graduating from Emory University with a Bachelor of Arts degree, Jamie received an Associates Degree from The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY. While in Hyde Park, Jamie was awarded the 1998 Women Chefs and Restaurateurs Scholarship, which enabled her to continue her culinary education at the CIA Greystone Campus in the Napa Valley, CA.

After completing her studies and receiving a Certificate in Baking and Pastry Arts, she began work at The French Laundry restaurant as Chef de Partie alongside James Beard Award recipient chef Thomas Keller, and Pastry Chef of the Year Award recipient Stephen Durfee. In late 2001 after several years at the French Laundry and a brief sojourn in Dallas, Texas, Jamie decided to follow her sweet tooth and moved to Los Angeles to begin Platine.

Each hand-made cookie that platine produces is created from all-natural ingredients, mixed in a small batch from an original recipe, baked under the proprietor's watchful eyes, and artistically hand packaged and believe me, everyone has definitely noticed platine. In fact, platine had been featured on an episode of Food Finds on the Food Network and even written up in Chocolatier.

For $12/$13, this tasting event will include:

• Introduction by Chef/Owner Jamie Cantor
  • Tour of Bakery and Q and A
  • Tasting of Platine Products to Include:
    - Caramel Top Brownies
    - Disco Ho Ho
    - Chocolate Gingersnaps
    - “platinos” (our version of the OREO™)
    - “Camées” (like a vanilla Oreo, but better!)
    - Butterscotch Pot De Crème (Made with GlenLivet Scotch)
  • Water Will Also Be Provided
  • 10% Discount Coupon Good for 30 Days

This will definitely be a sweet afternoon treat of sampling sweet treats, so hopefully, you can come and join us!

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­