addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

L.A. Foodies Message Board Newsletter Archives › LA Foodies and Asian Foodies Newsletter 10-1

LA Foodies and Asian Foodies Newsletter 10-1

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT

Hello Foodies!

Just read that the Castaways in Burbank has a Sunset (early bird) special with 3 course full dinners for $18 including prime rib/salmon/chicken/veggie meals. This was one of the classiest restaurants back when I was a teenager and poor struggling motorcycle racer and always wanted to dine here, but I've never been here. I'm planning a Saturday 10/23 table of eight event here. Sunset is at 6:10pm... Perfect!

DineLA - Got an email from our buddy Eric Greenspan from the Foundry and he's got a pretty awesome looking DineLA prix fixe dinner menu for $44.

Restaurant.com 90% OFF TODAY ONLY - They don't give 90% off very often, so if you've been planning some events using these discount coupons, buy them today.

Super King Markets - Found FRESH Yellow Dates. Interesting LA Times Article on them. $2.50/b vs about $8 at the Farmers Markets. On 10/6 Filet Mignon $3.99/lb. Unfortunately, you'll have to trim it yourself.

Fresh Date Chutney Recipe - Looks yummy! More date Chutneys! One more. It appears chutneys are the most common uses for fresh dates...

Restaurant.com has IMPROVED their deal including some great new restaurants including Pink Taco, Pizza Rustica, Tokyo Shabu Shabu, the Bungalow, Lola's Peruvian, Happy Sheep Shabu & Grill, Da Vinci, Phong Dinh (home of exotic proteins), Philippe and many more outstanding restaurants. Also, many of the discounts are for much larger amounts than the prepaid vouchers. Plus right now, you get 90% off the certs i.e. $100 discount for $40 -90%=$4.00. EO's

Frugal Foodies - Post your groupons/vouchers on our forum that you wish to sell, buy or share. CLICK HERE

Paypal Refunds - They now keep $.30 of their fees when making a refund. So EO's if you will be requiring refundable deposits and have members send me deposits, please use Amazon Payments and NOT Paypal. Members, starting now, if any Paypal refunds are given by me, I will be deducting the 30 cents from your refund. They really add up to me if I have to pay 10-30 refunds for an event and it's not going to kill you for a single 30 cent charge.

Upcoming Events - Check out our LA Foodies Calendar HERE­ and our Asian Foodies Calendar HERE­

Daily Deals
Restaurant.com­ - Today Only. 90% OFF Promo Discount Code = WOW
LivingSocial.com­ Henry's Hat
Dealpop.com­ -
Groupon.com­ - Madame Chocolat
BloomSpot.com­ - Fitness
Tippr.com­ -
SocialBuy.com­ - Tuk Tuk Thai
AtCost.com­
BlackBoardEats.com­ -
Greatworkperks.com­
Goldstar­