The Founding Moms' Exchange: Chicago/Oak Park! Message Board › Five Fantastic Opportunities
|Jill Salzman, Foun...||
Oak Park, IL
Five great opportunities this week:
1. On Thursday, October 25, Brand New's Michele Golden will be offering a webinar to The Founding Moms Community on "Quick Questions To Ask About Your Brand." Join us by heading here.
2. You're invited to participate in the 1st annual Tech the Halls Chicago! GiveForward is rallying the Chicago entrepreneurial community to participate in some friendly competition that will bring awareness to your venture while easing financial hardship for Chicago families. Here's how: “Adopt” a local family. Your company would agree to match 10% of donations to a family. Along with helping a fantastic family, your company will also receive 10 free tickets to GiveForward's 5th Annual Ugly Sweater Pub Crawl on December 1st (a $250 value); Your brand, logo, and link on the GiveForward page you adopt and with every matching donation; The awesome feeling of creating unexpected joy. RSVP here by October 26th and you'll be sent a list of families to choose from. The competition begins on Nov. 27th and will culminate with GiveForward announcing the company that helps raise the most money by December 27th. Ho, ho, hope you join them.
3. Coming to tomorrow night's Momentum Awards After Party? Every year, the Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center hosts a big, fat dinner to honor the early-growth stage entrepreneurs who have demonstrated success since their inception and are poised for continued growth. This year, they've added an incredible after-party where anyone and everyone in the local entrepreneurial scene will be mingling, partying, and even playing ping-pong. Come on out tomorrow for a live band, drinks and a whole lotta entrepreneurs in one place. Get your tix here.
4. MoxieJean is having a Holiday Outfit Charity Drive -- bring holiday outfits your kids have outgrown to a Building Blocks Toy Store (they're in Lakeview & Wicker Park.) MoxieJean provides gift certicitates to kids in need and you get 15% off at both Building Blocks and MoxieJean as a thank you!
5. Camp Kupugani provides a multicultural sleepaway camp that focuses on diversity and communication skills in a fun atmosphere. By uniting children of varied backgrounds, they are empowered with community-building skills so that children (ages 7-15) expand comfort zones and build character. They offer a Mother-Daughter Weekend to help solidify bonds between moms and girls as well as between moms and other moms, too. Check out more here.
See you soon,