Fox Valley Cross-Country Skiers Message Board › Cross country ski rentals and lessons in Appleton

Cross country ski rentals and lessons in Appleton

Rolando
user 7784435
Appleton, WI
Post #: 1
Hi all,

I am fairly new to the area and really want to learn how to cross country ski. Does anyone know where I can rent skis or find a good pair of used ones? Any thoughts on lessons or how to learn?

Thanks,
Rolando
Rich
user 8753381
Greenville, WI
Post #: 17
Hi Rolando, I know you can rent skis at the Gordon Buboltz Nature Preserve off of county hwy A on most weekends. Your best bet would be to call them early in the afternoon to find out if they are open for they operate on volunteer help. As for lessons, they did have lessons there a few weeks ago. Not sure how often they have them. Again, your best bet would be to call and inquire. As for buying used skis, Play It Again Sports generally have used equipment for sale. You might have to buy new shoes, which would be better anyway, but as for the skis and poles, they should have them. Just make sure your shoes fit the binders, or you might have to update the binders.
If we get a decent snowfall again where it doesn't rain on top of it right away, maybe I, or someone else could meet you at Buboltz some weekend and give you a crash course. It's a nice place to learn since it's all flat.
Hope that helps,
Rich