add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Fresh Ground Stories Seattle Storytelling Meetup Group Message Board › Great article on storytelling + an interview with one of my favorites

Great article on storytelling + an interview with one of my favorites

Paul C.
user 12583477
Group Organizer
Olympia, WA
Hi Everyone,

With our next show coming up on Thursday I wanted to share an article on Seattle storytelling and an interview (audio) with one of my favorite storytellers, Kevin Kling.

The article was written by Wes Andrews and appeared a couple weeks ago in the Seattle Star. I posted it on our Facebook page but not everyone is on that site so I’m sending it out here as well.

I don’t talk about myself very much when I host FGS ‘cos I’m way more interested in hearing about your lives than I am in talking about mine. But if you ever wondered how I ended up on stage at a coffee shop hosting a storytelling show you can learn it all here:

And if you’re looking for a little inspiration you can find it in this interview with Kevin Kling. This guy is one of my all-time favorites and any time I hear him on the radio I always end up sitting in my car long after I’ve turned off the engine because I can’t go in the house until he’s done telling his story.

I hope you’re all having a great weekend and keeping cool. Did I mention Roy Street Coffee has air conditioning? One more reason to look forward to the show!

Thursday’s theme: Stories of Being Humbled and Learning Things the Hard Way.

Send me an email if you have any questions :)