addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Friends First Meetup Group of NY & NJ Message Board › merging the group

merging the group

user 6792202
Suffern, NY
Post #: 77

I took some time to write/compose this e-mail so please DO read all of it, it wont take longer then 2-3 minutes to read. Also, I am told that my writing "sounds" cold and harsh, so please remember that I am smiling when I write this.

well, I was a terrible leader, SORRY ! :-)
I organized several friday night small events and very few people showed up.
I was thinking that maybe it was cause it was friday and not Saturday night.
I wanted to do the same thing on Saturdays but I never did it.

I was also waiting for others to step up and do something with the group, but no one did ( I think that Tom announced some multi group thing so THANK YOU TOM ).
please DO let me know if I am wrong and over looked some one or thing.

the price for this group to me by meetup is only $12 and I have paid it for the past few months even though I did not do anything with it.

however, business has slowed down to almost a halt and I do not have even the $12 to pay meetup, so they took me out.

Steve ( from the Rockland groups ) and I have been talking about merging this group with one of his, so I want to ask the group about it, if any one objects.

there are a few other groups in the area that I am a member of and I will post them here for you to look at and make a suggestion. I will do the thing that most people will suggest.

please remember that if you answer with a "reply", it goes to every one which I DO suggest.
I suggest we keep this discussion public so that there is no under the table dealing that might upset any one.

if the replies start getting much and you do not want to receive them, you can go into your account at this group and take out the option of "reciving e-mails from this group" or take yourself out of the group ( since it will merge any way) I DO want to keep this discussion going in public in front of EVERYONE.

here are possible groups we can merge with ( though I have not discussed it with the other leaders other then Steve). ALSO, these groups do not have the word "singles" in them cause many of our members are not single.­­­­­

these next batch of groups are not in the area but I am sure we can get them to do stuff in our area too, or car pool to do what they schedule.­­­

this next group is mostly in NYC but they do have fun stuff going
I think they only started but they are going strong­

if any one wants to take over this group, that is obviously also an option but please do so this week.

I am eagerly awaiting POSITIVE (good reasons to join this group or that group) feedback not criticisms :-)
thank you
for private messages
user 24231422
Nanuet, NY
Post #: 5
I would gladly step up to lead the group however I just started a group last month. If you are looking for an alternative Rockland/Bergen group, please consider Rockland/Bergen 45-50'S singles doing cr@p together.