Veteran 25 year, Mt.Tam Hike Leader, Sue Nelson, leads todays hike.
The Trailhead and directions for this Sunday's Hike should have been for Pantoll not Rock Spring.
The meeting location is the Pantoll parking lot.
The Pantoll Trailhead Parking Lot is located on Panoramic Highway at its highpoint where there is a fork, make a sharp left turn into the Pantoll Parking Lot. This is about ten miles from the 101 Freeway exit.
- Meetup time: 10:00am (Please don't be late, or you will miss the hike. If you have not been to this Trailhead before, be sure to leave extra time.)
- Meetup location: Pantoll Trailhead, Mt.Tam State Park, Mill Valley, CA.
- Hike Distance: 4.0 to 4.5 miles:
- Pace*: Moderate
- Difficulty: Easy (If you've done some walking recently?)
- Hills: Nothing very steep.
What to Bring:
- Regular hiking boots, mid or regular, for men and for those a little overweight. Low rise boots are okay if not overweight. (Sandals, tennis shoes, running shoes, flip-flops and clogs not recommended for hiking on Mt.Tam trails.)
- Water & Lunch/Snack: A bottle of water, or more as your needs require. Something to eat for lunch or a snack on the trail.
- Goals, learn about where we are hiking, sociability, make new friends and get some exercise.
SO HOW FAST ARE WE WALKING?
*Pace, or speed of a group hike is relative to the individuals feeling of whether the hike is too slow or too fast. In the end the Hike Leader who sets a pace you like is just the right pace for you.
Some of the possible highlights of today's hike; West Pt.Inn, Redwoods, Ocean Views, Views of SF and Mt.Diablo.
The mellow early fall is gone. Hiking in shorts may not be a good idea? Small flowers and mushrooms are out there. The meadows and moss are greener. It seems the land here is waiting for rain and winter.